Chapter 52

In the bustling city of Mauville, Ash and Alice are taken aback by the major transformation the city has undergone. They take some time to explore the newly developed area, taking in the sights and sounds of the vibrant metropolis before finally making their way to the Gym.

At the Mauville Gym, Wattson, the Gym Leader, presents a familiar challenge with his Electric-type Pokemon: Electrode, Magnezone, and Manectric. Ash, never one to back down, calls upon his Camerupt to face off against Wattson's formidable team. With a display of impressive battle tactics, Ash secures victory against Wattson's Pokemon, though the Gym Leader has grown accustomed to Ash's ability to defeat him with ease.

Their journey also leads them to the Sinnoh Region, where they find themselves in search of various Ghost-type Pokemon. Among their captures are a Drifloon at the Valley Windworks, which they evolve into a Drifblim, and a Misdreavus near the Lost Tower, which evolves using a Dusk Stone.

As they stand before the ominous Hallowed Tower, Ash explains, "Within this tower lies a Spiritomb, a Pokemon said to be composed of 108 malevolent souls."

Alice can't help but shiver as Ash and Pikachu carefully retrieve the Odd-Keystone from the tower. Just as they do, Spiritomb springs into action, ready to attack. Quick thinking and deft moves allow Ash and Pikachu to capture Spiritomb before it can inflict harm.

Their quest continues with the capture of a Duskull, found nearby. Through training and the use of a Reaper Cloth, they guide it on its evolutionary path, culminating in the emergence of a powerful Dusknoir.

Drifblim: Ability: Flare Boost. Moves: Minimize, Tera Blast (Ghost), Strength Sap, Tailwind, Ominous Wind, Phantom Force.

Mismagius: Ability: Levitate. Moves: Mystical Fire, Extrasensory, Hypnosis, Power Gem, Hex, Shadow Ball.

Spiritomb: Ability: Infiltrator. Moves: Burning Jealousy, Dream Eater, Curse, Shadow Ball, Spite, Dark Pulse.

Dusknoir: Ability: Frisk. Moves: Foresight, Mean Look, Future Sight, Destiny Bond, Shadow Punch, Payback.

Giratina (Origin Forme): Ability: Levitate. Moves: Aura Sphere, Earth Power, Destiny Bond, Shadow Claw, Shadow Force, Dragon Claw.

With Golly joining them on their journey, the trio sets their sights on Lavaridge Town, the location of Hoenn's fourth Gym. Golly is eager to experience the hot springs the town is famous for, and they all indulge in some relaxation together before heading to the Gym. Once there, they encounter Flannery, who has matured into a respectable Gym Leader. She challenges Ash to a battle, deploying her formidable team of Camerupt, Magcargo, and Torkoal. Ash, prepared and determined, counters with Water-type Pokemon like Milotic and Crawdaunt, ultimately securing his fourth badge.

Their journey also takes them back to the Galar Region, driven by their quest to capture the remaining Ghost-type Pokemon. Their first target is Galarian Corsola at Giant's Bed, but they are disheartened to see the Corsola in a pale and melancholic state due to environmental pollution.

"Yeah, it's sad to see them like this," Ash remarks, reflecting on the consequences of environmental damage. "This is one of the reasons why I find it hard to trust some people."

They capture one of the Galarian Corsola and put in the effort to train it, eventually evolving it into a Cursola. Its Perish Body ability adds a touch of eerie power to their team.

Their next destination is the Glimwood Tangle, where they make an unexpected discovery—an antique Sinistea. Alice is quick to point out its rarity, saying, "Ash, this Sinistea is actually the antique form! It's a rarity here, as most Sinistea are Phony forms."