Chapter 4

Just as Delia turns on the TV, both she and Pikachu fix their gaze on the news reporter standing in front of what appears to be Team Rocket's ominous base. "Recently, the police responded to reports of an explosion and have subsequently discovered that it was Team Rocket's base," the reporter begins, her voice tense with excitement. "This notorious criminal organization is led by none other than the infamous Giovanni."

Delia freezes at the mere mention of Giovanni's name, the very same man responsible for the deaths of her husband, Red, and her beloved daughter, Golly. Her hands tremble with anger and fury, emotions that are startling coming from someone as kind-hearted as Ash's mother.

"So, can you share the details of what transpired?" The news reporter directs her question to a man in a brown coat with black hair, known by many as Looker, a prominent figure within the International Police.

Looker steps forward, his presence commanding attention as he faces the television camera. "As this mission remains classified, we can only provide a brief overview," he begins. "Upon our arrival at the scene, we discovered that the Rocket grunts were frozen in ice, their Pokémon incapacitated. We suspect the involvement of an Ice-Type Specialist, but their identity eludes us. Currently, we are in the process of interrogating these Team Rocket grunts in the hopes of uncovering crucial information."

The reporter presses further, her curiosity piqued. "And what about Giovanni, the mastermind? What happened to him?"

"We located Giovanni within his office," Looker replies, his tone grave. "He was not only bruised and injured, but a gunshot wound in his chest left him lifeless. His demise has been confirmed."

"Looker, we've found this," another police officer enters the room and hands the detective a fragment of a bullet. "Any idea what this is?"

"We discovered it on the ground, and it's possible that this bullet is the one that pierced through Giovanni's body," the officer explains. "It matches the gun found in his hand."

"Thank you," Looker acknowledges, accepting the bullet fragment. "Our suspicion is that the mysterious individual used the gun in Giovanni's possession to commit the murder. There seems to have been a struggle, which leads me to believe that Giovanni put up a fight before his demise."

"Is there any witness who can provide information about this person?" the reporter inquires.

"The individual is likely a highly skilled Ice-Type Specialist," Looker responds, his expression thoughtful. "We have one witness who claims to have seen an Articuno soaring out of the area and disappearing into the distance. However, we face a significant challenge. None of the Gym Leaders or Elite Four members in the nine regions are known to specialize in Ice Types or possess an Articuno. This complicates our efforts to identify them."

Delia switches off the TV and notices a photograph of herself, Red, Golly, and Ash. Her voice quivers with tears of joy as she mutters, "I can't believe it... Giovanni is dead... Red... Golly... you're finally avenged..."

Suddenly, the doorbell rings, and Delia rushes to open the door. Standing on her doorstep are Professor Oak, Gary, and Tracy. Professor Oak speaks first, his voice filled with excitement, "Delia, have you seen the news? Team Rocket has been obliterated."

"I witnessed everything on the television. Giovanni is gone, and Red can finally rest in peace," Delia says with a small, heartfelt smile.

Gary notices Pikachu in the room and scans the surroundings, but Ash is nowhere to be seen. "Hey, Ms. Ketchum. Have you seen Ashy Boy?"

Delia's smile fades, replaced by a look of confusion. "Huh? Didn't he go to your lab?"

"No," Professor Oak replies. "And he didn't return home either?"