Chapter Thirty- Five. The Love Triangle

Start from the beginning

He closed his eyes again as he clenched his teeth together. "I like someone else too, Namjoon," his confession came out as a gasp, and he looked again at him with wide eyes.

Namjoon stared at him for a moment, until unexplainable kind of pain crept into his chest. Jin liked someone else? He just saw him as a friend? Namjoon remembered how Jin had told him he liked him a lot at Jungkook's party... but guess that was just in a friendly way...

Jin most probably liked someone else romantically. For whom he even hesitated about going out with RM if they happened to meet one day. Even after how much they'd showered him with so much deep affection and care.

Namjoon let his hand slip away from Jin's as he looked down at the stone floor beneath his feet, heart aching painfully as he bit hard on his bottom lip.

"Who's the lucky person, then?" He said in a fake, cheery tone, not wanting to show Jin how bitter he actually felt. Jin's happiness should be his own as well.

He thought his angel would just blush prettily like he always did when he was flustered, and tell him the name of the person he liked, so Namjoon was caught off-guard when Jin climbed onto his lap all of a sudden, grabbing his large hands in his smaller ones, looking at him with large and begging doe eyes.

"I'll tell you, Joon, but will you please promise me one thing?" Jin said in a tone that'd give anyone diabetes because it was so sweet. So soft.

"Promise me you won't get angry once you know who it is and nothing will ever change in our friendship if this doesn't work out?"

Though his heart was in his mouth, Namjoon managed to speak, stroking Jin's head. Something he knew soothed the older, for he closed his eyes when he did so, as if he finally felt calm and comfortable.

"How can I ever get angry with you, my prince?" Namjoon asked in his deep voice, which was hot even in a situation like this. "I promise that whoever the person you like is, nothing will stop us from being friends."

Finally confident, Jin stared straight into Namjoon's dragon eyes and said truthfully, "You're the other person I like, Joonie."

His heart stopping for a moment, Namjoon said nothing as he tried to process what Jin had just said. And once he did, he realized how his chest was threatening to burst because he was so happy, and his stomach was churning. He'd never felt as happy in years.

Sure he'd heard Jin confess that he liked him before, but nothing meant as much to him as it did when Jin repeated the same words in a sober state instead of a drunk one.

His hands, that now cupped Jin's face carefully, shook and sweated slightly as he started feeling jittery and nervous from the overwhelming feeling of euphoria, but Namjoon's voice was steady and clear when he responded to Jin's confession.

"I like you too, Jinnie."

Jin stared at him for a moment, and then a beautiful smile crept up to his face, his head swaying from side to side as his fingers fiddled with Namjoon's shirt collar.

"Really?" He said in a happy tone.

He knew that Namjoon loved him, but he wanted him to at least say that he liked him while he was sober. So that he could know that the younger didn't just say it to console his sensitive drunk self.