Middle of the Night (pt. 2) ✨

(A/N): HELLO MY LOVES!! OMG, IT'S SO WONDERFUL TO BE BACK WITH Y'ALL! So much has happened since I've been away (some good, some bad) but I'm so glad to be back home!! In celebration of my return, I've got not one... BUT TWO NEW STORIES FOR Y'ALL! I won't make you wait any longer, enjoy <333

My body felt... heavy.

Behind my eyelids was only darkness and confusion as I struggled to move. I took a breath in and cringed at the dry, stinging sensation that followed. A hoarse cough clawed its way out of my throat and I tried to open my eyes. Momentary panic consumed me when my visage was filled with bright white light, but I calmed as it faded slowly revealing an off-white ceiling.

From the quiet hum of machinery and the scent of cleaning chemicals, I could tell I was inside a hospital room. As I mustered up the courage and strength to move, the coarse fabric of a hospital blanket against my fingers confirmed my previous suspicion. My vision blurred a little and I grew dizzy for a moment as I sat up and looked around the room.

It was pretty much empty aside from my bed, a nightstand, some machines, and a TV. I started to lay back down but was startled by quiet shuffling coming from the corner next to me. My heart rate increased as I took in the form of a large, hooded man slowly awakening from his sleep in the only other chair in the room. Just as I was about to call for a nurse, the man yawned and stretched causing his hood to fall off revealing a familiar head of long, dark hair. Overwhelming relief filled me as I recognized the man as my older brother.

"You nearly scared the shit out of me, Brandon! Damnit...", I croaked out as I rested against the bed. There was a brief silence as he registered that I was awake as well before he moved to my side and lightly smacked my head. "You were scared?! Imagine how I felt showing up to your place and finding a fuckin blood trail at the doorstep!!", he half yelled and I cringed internally, "I thought you were dead when I found you in that bathroom bro...". He trailed off and looked away so that I couldn't see a few years escape his eyes. Brandon wasn't the type to cry easily so he must've been worried sick the entire time I was out. I huffed and pulled him into a hug, lightly patting his head in the process. "I'm sorry, B. I am.", I apologized softly to which hummed out a muffled agreement.

When we were kids, we fought almost constantly. Sometimes over small things, sometimes over more serious stuff. It'd gotten so bad to the point where our allowances were halved every time we got into it. Whenever we were in school or public without our parents, though, Brandon became a decent older brother. He became an overprotective, strict idiot who'd slide me extra money for snacks when his friends weren't looking. I couldn't have asked for a better sibling.

"What the hell happened to you, (Y/N)?", he asked as he pulled away. My heart filled with dread as I laid eyes on my bandaged leg and remembered the night's events. "Do remember that story crazy aunt Edith used to tell us when she'd come over on holidays?", I inquired and Brandon nodded in confusion, "Well...". Telling him what had happened ended up taking a lot more out of me than the actual attack. By the time I was finished, my chest was aching with anxiety and my head had begun to pound.

Brandon had stayed quiet the entire time, just listening and trying to comprehend. After I finished talking, he ran a finger through his hair and sighed. He reached over to gently pat my knee while staring into a corner. "Are.. are you sure you didn't hit your head, too?", he breathed out after a long beat of silence. I groaned and rolled my eyes. This little shit thought I was losing my mind.

"No, I didn't hit my head and I'm not going nuts either.", I gritted out while swatting his hands away. He just stared at me then. I could see the gears turning behind his eyes, but no matter how fast they spun he couldn't come up with a logical reason for my attack. "Are you absolutely sure-", he started. "For the last time, I didn't hit my damn head on anything!", I breathed out angrily. "Then you've started smoking crack while I was gone because there's no fucking way vampires exist!!", he whisper shouted back and I fought my hardest not to reach out and start strangling him. Nearly killing him definitely wouldn't help my case.

I stayed quiet for a long time after that while trying to think of how I could prove that I wasn't going off the deep end. Brandon must've felt bad because after a while he facepalmed and started apologizing. "Look, I'm sorry okay? It's just been a long week and an even longer night here surrounded by doctors and security and cameras.", he whined while gesturing to a small, barely visible camera in the corner nearest to the door. Looking at the red recording light flash a thought came to mind. Security cameras... security cameras!

"That's it!", I shouted while sitting up and looking around, "Where's my phone?". Brandon patted his pockets down before pulling my phone out of one and tossing it to me. I waited anxiously as it powered on and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that the battery was almost completely charged. As I navigated through apps, he stared at me with a mixture of concern and confusion in his eyes. A minute passed before I handed him the phone again. "Isn't this your front yard?", he wondered while getting closer to the screen, "Since when do you have security cameras??". I snorted and moved over to watch with him. "Since you swore on Nan's ashes that you didn't piss in my garden when you were drunk last year.", I replied earning an incredulous scoff back.

Brandon started to defend himself but stopped as I came into the frame running like the devil himself was chasing me. I hummed proudly as I watched myself jump over the fence and unlock my door in record time. A little more time passed on screen before the blonde from the night before came into view. We looked on in shock as he fiddled with the padlock on the gate before growing annoyed and ripping it off completely. I was so shaken up that night that I barely noticed. "What the actual hell..", Brandon whispered as he watched the blonde toss the lock and put on a bright smile before knocking on my door.

We watched the rest of what had happened in silence, and shivers crept down my spine at how unnaturally his eyes glowed on camera. The footage ended with my brother showing up and running inside after seeing the door open. "I told you I wasn't crazy.", I huffed while taking my phone back. He just stared into his palms with wide eyes and brows furrowed. "No...", he finally spoke and I glared at him. "What do you mean 'no'?! We just watched that guy turn into a literal monster together!", I hissed and he shook his head vehemently. "No, that's not it. (Y/N)...", he began with a slight tremble in his voice.

"(Y/N) I live with that guy, and he's on his way here right now!".

THE END

(A/N): HELLO AGAIN BABES, IT'S WONDERFUL TO BE ABLE TO UPDATE AGAINNNN 😭!! Omg, it's been such a long time since I was here and so much has happened. I graduated high school, took two ACTs, started producing crappy music in my spare time, and I'm gonna start college soon-. But none of that's even important, I wanna know how y'all have been so tell me what's been up in the comments!! Don't forget to eat well, stay hydrated, and be healthy! Please be safe, and if you can't be safe at least try to be careful!!!

thesmolbean out.