Hot Wheels ✨

(A/N): Hello, Babes and Sprites!! Apologies for not checking in for the last few Thursdays, even though summer's here I've been keeping busy. But I'm here now with something special! Recently, the idea of Danny as a greaser/motorcycle gang leader has been floating around my head. So here I am, writing on impulse and supplying y'all with semi-decent writing. Beware of my poor edition lol. Still, I hope you all enjoy <33

Summer had fallen upon us and the sun had brightened skies and spirits alike. We were free from stuffy classrooms and some of us were free from jobs. Vacations and parties were being planned, and family traditions were starting up as well.

A little band of six miscreants I called family had just been dismissed from our final class of the semester and we couldn't have been happier. We loved campus life but it felt good to be away for a while. So, like every year since we met, we all packed our bags and piled into a car. None of us had any biological family left, so we'd adopted each other and a little town we called home. It was a small city with a population just barely over two thousand and the cutest little diner right in the middle of it. We'd spend most of our summer there in that very diner planning parties and adventures all summer long, just the five of us. Or so we thought.

It had taken us a little over half a day to pack and get on the road, and the other half was spent cleaning out the townhouse we rented and unpacking everything. By the time we'd finished, darkness had fallen and the moon had taken its rightful place in the sky. Once we were sure we were settled, we all jumped back into the car and headed into the city.

Maria, the most mature of us, chatted idly as we pulled into the small parking lot of the diner. We all looked up and read the bright neon sign that proudly read 'Tommy's Diner' with nostalgic smiles.

(A/N: the ones that get it, get it.)

"God I've missed this little town.", Kira breathed as she undid her seatbelt and threw open her door. The rest of us followed after her and stretched as we exited the car. After taking a moment to collect ourselves, we strolled into the diner and up to the counter. Jasmine rang the bell and the five of us waited for someone to come to the counter. A couple of minutes passed before we heard a familiar voice shout, "Hold on just a second, I'll be right there!". Soon, a small elderly woman came from the back of the diner while slipping on an apron. As she dusted herself off, she looked up and grinned in surprise! "You girls!! It's been so long since I've seen you all! Tommy come here, the girls are back.", she called making her way around the counter to hug us all. As she hugged Vanessa, she pulled back and looked her over. "Oh my, you've been busy since I last saw you! How far along are you?", she asked with excitement flushing her cheeks.

Vanessa raised a brow and glanced at her stomach. "How'd you know? I'm only a few weeks in.", she wondered as she watched the old woman wrap her arms around me. She just chuckled and offered her a wink. "A mother knows, deary!". As she finished her round of hugs, Tommy came from the back and cheered at the sight of us. "My girls!! How's school been treatin' ya?", he called as he walked to hug us as well. Hugs and conversation were traded before the old couple sat us at our usual booth and began making our usual order.

As we waited for our food to be served, Lizette took a map from one of the pamphlet holders on the table and moved everything else from the surface with a swipe of her hand. We all leaned forward as she unfolded the cream-colored paper. On the map were a few red circles filled with green check marks, each of them enclosing a specific location. A few of the circles were faded from the years before when we'd first bought the map.

"Okay bitches and bros, we've been visiting this little town for five years, yet we haven't explored all of its hidden gems. It's time to pick our top five hangouts for this summer.", she said as she began rummaging around her messenger bag for markers. The door at the front of the diner chimed multiple times briefly catching our attention. We all looked up as a group of guys dressed from head to toe in black stumbled into the small building chuckling and horsing around.