Bookworms and Cigarettes 2✨

(A/N): So apparently, y'all wanted a part 2 to 'Bookworms and Cigarettes' and I'm here to deliver!!! I hope y'all enjoy it <3

15 minutes.

That's how long we'd been standing in the parking lot. The air was warm as the summer season was just beginning. I stare at the four boys as their frustration over their indecisiveness grows. "We should go to the arcade on 5th Street dude! Chicks love games.", Arny says while throwing up his hands in exasperation. Will sighs and drops his head into his hands before saying, "We should go somewhere she likes! We need to make a good impression on her.". Brandon continues to lean against one of the poles in front of the entrance while smirking at the three boys. "Why don't we just go to our normal spot?", Danny suggests causing the two boys to stop their bickering to stare at him in disbelief.

"WE CAN'T TAKE HER TO THAT DUMP!!", they both whisper shout and Danny facepalms. Brandon chuckles while shaking his head and comes to stand in front of them. "You're overcomplicating this entire situation.", he says calmly before turning to look at me. "Where do you wanna go?", he asks. I check my watch to see that it's almost 4:00 before standing and pulling my keys from my pockets. "We can hang out at my place. I have an arcade and theater there that y'all can use.", I say while adjusting the weight of my bag.

They all hum in agreement before getting out their keys. "We'll follow behind you!", William says while walking to where I assume his car is. The other boys nod in agreement before going to their respective cars as well. I hum and make my way to the far left side of the back of the lot before unlocking the car with the fob on my keychain. Once I'm in the car, I take a moment to think about what's happening. I've never had friends over ever in my life... hell I've never had friends at all. Now, I'm hanging out with four new people and they're guys?! I shakily exhale and start the car before pulling out of my parking spot.

Once I've driven to the front gate, I look behind me to see four other cars falling in line behind me. One by one the driver-side windows roll down and the boys give me a thumbs up from behind the wheel. I do the same before pulling out and onto the awaiting highway. The drive from school to my place isn't usually long, but with them behind me, my nervousness turns the ten-minute drive into forever.

Soon enough we pull into the gated driveway of my house. I honk twice and the heavy, black iron gates creak as they part to let me and my new guests in. The five of our cars park behind each other on the left side of the circular lot. I glare sourly at the large mansion sitting proudly in front of the stupidly large fountain in the middle of the lot while preparing mentally for the questions to come. After getting my bag, I take the keys from the ignition and step out of the car slightly calmed by the sound of pebbles under my boots. The boys have gotten out of their cars and are making their way toward me as I fish around for my keys in my bag.

"Woah, is this your place?", Will chirps while standing and gazing at the house. I hum a yes and give him a small smile while gesturing for everyone to follow me. The walk from the lot to the front door is short but the vice grip my nervousness has on me distorts the seconds into minutes. When we finally get to the door, I unlock it and step to the side to allow them entry into my home.

"Make yourselves comfortable.", I say once they're inside and I've shut the door behind us. "Are your folks home?", Arny asks while they take off their shoes and line them up by the entrance. I shake my head and do the same before answering, "It's just me and my dad, but he's always at work. So, really it's just me.". They each hum and I lead them to the living room where they sit and begin to take out their tools for assignments. "Do y'all want anything to drink or eat? My dad just had the cabinets restocked the other day.", I explain while leaning against the doorframe. There's silence for a moment then William gives me a bright smile and says, "Sure! Whatever you bring us is fine.". I nod and head toward the kitchen.

I return moments later with various snacks and beverages for them to choose from. When they're done and have given their thanks, I pick up a bag of honey butter chips and a Sprite. The room is awkwardly silent save for the sound of quiet snacking for a few moments before William decides to strike up a conversation. "So, (Y/N) do you have any siblings?", he inquires causing me to nod as I sip my drink.

"I have an older brother, but he's studying abroad right now. He comes around every now and then to visit.", I say with an easy smile. That sparks a small conversation about travel that eventually turns into one about culture that eventually turns into the five of us discussing different types of anime characters. An hour passes and so does the awkward air that had settled over us allowing us to speak freely and without fear of judgment. "All I'm saying is, even though Bakugou's an ass he should be a bit higher on the hotness scale!", Arny says and Will shakes his head.

"Maybe but he doesn't come before Dabi.", he replies with a shrug. I chuckle and lean forward. "Okay, that's cool and all, but y'all do know who's at the top of the list right?", I inquire with an eyebrow raise. Brandon narrows his eyes and responds with, "I have a feeling I know who you're about to say.". I snicker and turn my phone over so that the case is on display. I hold it up proudly and say, "Satoru Gojo.". Arny, Will, and Brandon facepalm but they nod in agreement. Danny chuckles and looks at me with a smirk before asking, "But would you murk your best friend for him though?".

I smirk and toss my phone back onto the couch. "One, I don't have a best friend. Two, if I did I'd dust them like a cabinet shelf for that man, and I know they'd do the same.", I reply and Danny nods with approval.

(A/N: Nah but fr Gojo is too fine for his own good, he needs to be sTOPPED-)

Suddenly, the clock on the wall chimes five times alerting us that the five o'clock hour is upon us. "Enough playing around, let's get to work. We need to finish or our teachers are gonna be the ones doing the dusting. Come on, (Y/N). We have to figure out what theme we'll be using for the project.", Danny says and begins looking around in his bag. The other boys sigh and begin their assignments while I smirk at the white-haired boy across from me.

"So, what was it that made you decide that you wanted me as your partner? Was it the snacks? Or is it because you're a Gojo fanboy and deemed me worthy of your assistance?", I ask with a wiggle of my brows causing Danny to roll his eyes. "Don't make me change my mind already, partner. Now, quiet down and take this.", he chides playfully while tossing me a blank sketchbook. I giggle a bit before we all settle down and begin our work. Minutes pass as we discuss the project and the best way to execute our plans cohesively. "And once that's finished it should be smooth sailing ahead.", I say while gesturing to the plans we've drawn up. Danny thinks about it for a minute before grinning and nodding. "Maybe getting you as a partner wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be", he says cooly.

Just as I'm about to reply the sound of the front door opening and closing echoes throughout the house causing us to freeze. "Dude, I thought it was just you here!", Brandon whisper shouts. I nod and whisper, "I did too!". Footsteps echo and the sound of rustling meets my ears. Then the voice of my brother calls out,

"Squishy, I'm home!!".

THE END

(A/N): I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!! I didn't think I would be able to finish it in time, but that was nothing a can of Monster couldn't fix lol. Please vote, share, and comment on your favorite parts of the story pretty please? Y'all have gotten me to almost 6K reads and I'm so so grateful for that!! Like it wasn't too far back that we were celebrating 3K reads omfg!!!! Anyways, I love y'all, and please remember to eat, drink, and live healthily. Take care of yourselves or Danny will. ILYSM <333

thesmolbean out.