One Hell of A Gentleman (Oneshot)💗

(A/N): Hi, everyone! This story is based off an idea from one of my twitter moots!! I hope you all enjoy it!

A sigh escapes your lips as you gaze into the grey, cloud-ridden skies outside the window. It looks as if it could rain at any moment. The melancholy atmosphere deepens the nervousness churning within you. In a few moments, your destiny would come walking through a door a few feet behind you. It seems as if every single moment and decision you'd made in your life had led to this very moment.

To distract yourself from what was soon to come you begin pondering over your life. Ever since you were a child, you'd been told you were tied to another. For the first six years of your life, you had no idea what that meant, but it all changed on your seventh birthday. The second you'd blown out the candles on your cake something inside you awakened. At first, only small things were different. Whenever you felt upset or sad, a random happy thought would cross your mind and cheer you up. Sometimes you'd fly into a blind rage for no reason, only to be completely calm seconds later. It was almost as if two people inhabited your body.

When you turned ten, you finally understood why everything was so different. You had been unable to sleep for weeks and it had taken a toll on your health. Your parents had arranged numerous house calls with the village physicians, but they all had said the same thing, "It's almost time.". You'd mentally cursed them for being so vague but eventually accepted whatever was to come.

Then one night ended your battle with insomnia once and for all. You were lying on top of your covers counting the fissures in your ceiling when a whisper met your ears. "Hello..", a soft voice called to you in the darkness. You'd sat up pin-straight to look around but saw nothing. Then the voice came again. "Hello, I'm Danny. It's nice to meet you!", the soft voice of a boy spoke. It was almost as if the boy was right next to you, but there was no one else in the room. You wanted to call for your parents, but they'd been irritated all day. Bothering them in their sleep would surely lead to punishment.

After a bit of silence, you spoke into the darkness, "Hello? Who's there?". Immediately the boy's voice spoke again. "You forget easily don't you. My name's Danny! Pleasure to make your acquaintance!", he chirped. "Are you in my room?", you ask in confusion. The boy snickers before answering, "No, I'm in your head! We're soul tied. Might I know the name of my other half?". You thought on it for a bit before giving him your name.

Just like that, your life had changed for the better. You weren't as lonely as you were before, and Danny always came through with the advice you needed. There were days when the two of you didn't talk as much, but you always made up for it with hour long late-night talks. As the two of you grew older, your talks lasted longer and each one left you wishing you could see him in person. Though you'd never seen him, you had fallen for his voice and his personality.

Your parents were happy that you'd found someone who could understand you, so they began doing their best to find Danny based on the description of himself he'd given you. Years passed with no results but, on the eve of your eighteenth birthday, their efforts proved successful. They'd found him and it turned out that he'd been looking for you as well. After a few meetings between your parents and his, it was decided that the two of you were finally permitted to meet at long last. Three weeks of preparation and nervous build-up had passed and, here you were waiting for him to arrive.

A crackle of lightning followed by a roll of earth-shaking thunder pulls you from you reminiscing just in time for you to hear the door behind you creak open. A shaky sigh escapes you and you say the first thing that comes to your mind. "Took you long enough. I was starting to think you'd forgotten about me.", you admit smoothly despite the rampant beating of your heart. A breathy chuckle meets your ears before a voice smoother than velvet speaks, "Is that any way to treat your other half? Besides, you and I both know I would never dream of forgetting anyone as angelic as you, darling.". Your heart skips a beat at his flattering words.

A breeze floats throughout the room carrying the vanilla and cinnamon scent of his cologne. You'd smelled this scent many times before in your dreams or whenever you thought of Danny. There was no doubt in your heart that the man behind you was the one you'd grown attached to throughout your life.

"Now, dearest. I've been waiting for you for quite a while now, yet you still allow your beauty to evade me? Let me see you, love.", Danny half commands in that sweet voice of his. A wave of nervousness washes over you, but you force it down. Although you were afraid of being rejected by him, your heart knew that he wouldn't. With a determined breath inward and a gentle smile, you turn to face him. Once your eyes settled on him, all the air in your lungs dissipated. For the man in front of you was surely one of the most beautiful men you'd ever had the honor of laying your eyes on.

He was unlike anything you could've ever imagined. His hair was as white as freshly fallen snow, his skin was clear of any imperfections or blemishes, and his eyes... his eyes were a deep, soul-captivating shade of brown that could make even the most decadent of chocolates jealous. His beauty was unnaturally beautiful if that makes sense. The man was ethereal.

Suddenly, you grew more in love and more self-conscious at the same time. The words he then spoke quickly diminished every one of the self-loathing thoughts you were beginning to have. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say the sun itself had parted the clouds above us to shine solely on you.", he began with eyes full of awe and love, "You, my dearest, are the most radiantly gorgeous creature I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. It's taking every ounce of self-restraint within my being not to come over there and kiss you now. Alas, that would be improper and ungentlemanly of me.".

Your heart swells at his honeyed praises and you run over to embrace him wholeheartedly. He reciprocates your affection with a hug and a kiss on your forehead. In this moment you feel complete and at peace. "My apologies for being late, darling. I saw something in a shop that made me think of you, and I just had to get it.", he says before stepping away and reaching in his coat pocket. From it, he retrieves a necklace more beautiful than any you owned. The pendant was made of blue sapphire crystal with thin silver marbling attached to a delicate chain.

Danny made a gesture with his hand and you turned so that he could clasp the necklace properly. Once he had, you turned while gently grazing the crystal with your fingertips as if you were afraid it would disappear. With a smile brighter than all the stars, you looked up at Danny and thanked him. "There's no need to thank me for giving you a fraction of the many wonders that you deserve. Now that the storm has passed let's say you and I go have a candlelit dinner where we can discuss our future, hm? After that, we can take a walk through the park together.", he inquired while pulling you close to him.

A gentle smirk graces your features. "Danny, you aren't going to try anything with me are you?", you ask feigning innocence. He chuckles before wrapping an arm around your waist and tilting your chin up with his thumb and index finger. "If I used my charm to get what I wanted from the person I love, what kind of man would I be? I wouldn't be worth my salt, would I? Besides you and I both know...", he trailed off to connect his lips with yours in a sweet kiss.

"I'm simply one hell of a gentleman."

THE END!!

(A/N):

I hope you enjoyed this oneshot!! I worked hard to make it appealing to y'all so please, please, please vote and share it with whomever you want!! Stay safe and take care of your selves also. ILYSM!!

thesmolbean out.