Levin ✨

(A/N): Hi babes!! Welcome to another story update. This one is another part of the 'Thunder' series! There are mentions of injury in this chapter so watch out for those! I won't keep you waiting any longer, enjoy <333

"You're getting good at this, master. I guess I'll have to show you whose power is superior.".

My chest rose and fell rapidly as I tried to refocus my mind and ducked behind a tree. For the past thirty minutes, Danny had been trying to capture me in a demented game of 'tag'. So far, I'd dodged 12 lightning bolts and 6 massive boulders of hail he seemed to be creating out of thin air.

"I've lived on this rock for thousands of years, I've guarded every inch of this forest for centuries. There's no way you can win.", he stated while spinning another bolt of lightning between his fingers. His eyes flickered in my direction before a grin stretched across his face.

A wild curse fell from my lips as I narrowly missed a flying lightning bolt. "You little shit!", I hissed as I pulled a smoldering wood splinter from my hair. He shrugged and cracked his neck with an indifferent hum. "You're running and not fighting back. How am I supposed to know what you're capable of if you don't show me what you can do?", he huffed like an annoyed child while flicking a smaller bolt in my direction.

I glared at him as I rose higher than him. "You could be right... or maybe you've grown rusty in your old age.", I teased. As I watched him grow offended, I congratulated myself for manipulating him as quickly as I had. " Old age??? I'm older than all of your ancestors, but I could destroy you with a bat of my eyelashes and not use an ounce of my power.", he threatened as he rolled his shoulders. "Let's see it then.", I whispered as my senses sharpened. With a quick inward breath, I blindly raised my hand. From the sting creeping down my arm and the evident shock on Danny's face, I could tell my plan had succeeded. I had stored enough energy to catch a lightning bolt.

As I brought it down, I marveled at the brightness between my fingers. The bolt hissed and spat almost angrily in my palms. It crackled and contorted wildly, occasionally branching off before retracting into a single stream of electricity. I grinned as I spun the bolt between my index and middle fingers as I had seen him do earlier. I glanced at Danny to see that he had caught his own bolt. His eyes flickered a shade brighter as he glanced between us. "Fine, don't say I didn't warn you.", he drawled while taking a sword stance.

(A/N: I don't know shit abt sword fighting, I don't even know what tf to call it okay-)

I mirrored him and raised the bolt in front of me. The only sword training I had were hours of Sword Art Online episodes, and I knew Kirito and Asuna could only take me so far. With unimaginable speed, he lunged forward with his 'blade' raised. I stepped backward and lifted my blade to block his strike. As the two bolts of lightning clashed, thunder boomed shaking the ground below us. Danny grinned at me with a mad look in his now glowing eyes. At that moment I realized that here, thousands of feet in the sky during a thunderstorm, he was in his element. The mannerisms and kind words that had blurred the thin line between his humanity and his instincts were gone now. He had tossed caution to the wind to fight me with all he had, so I would do the same.

(A/N: Tell me you watch MHA without telling me you watch MHA)

With strength I could have never possessed in my human form, I parried his attack and slashed at him. Of course, my bolt was met with nothing but cold air as he dodged the strike. He hissed and bared fangs I hadn't noticed before, and I did the same. As we continued to slash and swipe at each other, I wondered what people would think if they saw us right now. Maybe two celestial cats squashing some unknown quarrel? That sounded fucking epic.