Bookworms and Cigarettes (Oneshot)✨

(A/N): Hello, my honeys! I have returned with a classic nerd/shy girl x bad boy au for y'all to feast upon! Don't forget to share and comment your thoughts. PLEASE ENJOYYYY~

"Ms. (L/N)..."

"Ms. (L/N)..."

"MS. (L/N)!!"

I jolt forward at the sound of my teacher's voice calling my name. I look around to see my classmates giggling and staring at me while I try to figure out what the hell is going on. "Yes, Mr. Holt?", I ask in hopes he'll say something to jog my memory. He gives me a disappointed look, and I mentally kick myself for spacing out in class.

"Did you hear a word I just said?", he questions sternly. Without thinking I nod vehemently earning an incredulous scoff from him. "If that's so, why don't you tell me the answer to the problem on the board.", he says while leaning against his desk. I gulp silently and glance at the board hoping I'll be able to solve whatever the fuck he's talking about. After looking over the board, I internally sigh in relief. The problem is one I've seen and solved many times before. "Sir, the answer is B16 times pi squared.", I say and the annoyance on his face morphs into shock then into passive-aggressive acceptance.

(A/N: bruh idk wtf kinda answer that is but that's it lol)

"You're correct. Pay attention in my class or I'll give you your first detention, understand?", he asks and I nod prompting him to turn around and continue the lecture I'd spaced out on. It didn't matter if I paid attention or not, I'd be able to pass any exam he'd give without trying anyway. I sigh and lean back in my seat to listen to the last few minutes of the lesson. Ten or fifteen minutes pass by before the dismissal bell chimes signaling the end of yet another school day.

I and my peers stand to begin packing but Mr. Holt raises his hands to catch our fleeting attention. "As you know, the end of your senior year is swiftly approaching. In celebration of this, Mrs. Mayers from the art department and I have teamed up for an end of the year project.", he explains drawing a mixed reaction of groans and cheers from his class.

"You all have been assigned a partner from her class to create something that signifies your entire high-school experience. You have until graduation day to finish, so you and your partner can display it as you walk the stage when receive your diplomas. Here's the list of partners...", he trails off a bit toward the end before retrieving a list from his pockets and reading it aloud.

A few moments pass before he finally gets to my name. "Ms. (L/N), you've been paired with Danny P. so be prepared to make a lot of compromises.", he says while giving me a look of sympathy before continuing to read off the list. Once he's finished, he dismisses us and I leave wondering who this Danny person is and why they're so difficult to work with. As I'm taking the last of my things from my locker, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I shut my door and turn to be greeted by the sight of a very tall, very handsome guy.

"Hi?", I question wondering why he's standing in front of me wearing a smile brighter than ten suns. "Hi! I'm William and I heard you got Danny as your partner?", he asks with a cute raise of his brows. I nod and adjust the strap on my bag. "He's a friend of mine, so I can introduce you to him.", he explains and my eyes narrow a bit. He didn't seem like he had any malicious intent but this whole interaction was strange. No one ever talked to me let alone offered to help me in any way, shape, or form.

Noticing my silence and hesitation, William's smile softens a bit. "I know you don't have the best history with our classmates, but I promise I have no ulterior motives. I just wanna help a person out and hopefully gain another friend in the process.", he says in a gentle tone. I stare at him for a second before smiling a bit. "Sure! When can I meet him?", I ask and watch as his smile brightens even more. "You can meet him now! We're going to hang out after school, so you can come with us and get to know him before you start your project.", he explains while gesturing for me to follow him.

I nod and let him lead me to this friend of his. It was rare for me to interact with anyone from my school, so even if this possible "friendship" didn't work out I wouldn't be bothered much. I look around to see that we've traveled through several back hallways. I tense a bit knowing that there are very few people around. I stare at William wondering just where we're going.

"I bet you're wondering where we're heading to.", he says causing me to snort a bit. "Danny prefers peace and quiet when he works, so he uses the abandoned classrooms as studios.", he explains earning an understanding hum from me. "You don't talk much, huh? That's okay! I can talk enough for the both of us!", he says while turning to wink at me. I giggle at his upbeat attitude as we stop at an all-black door. William does some kind of special knock before a deep male voice calls for us to come in.

William opens the door and walks in nonchalantly, but I peek in to scan the room. Inside the room are three other boys, a few overturned desks, various energy drink cans, and multiple canvases both used and new. I watch as William greets each of them with a hug while contemplating if I should ask for entry or walk in as he had. While I think, one of the boys looks my way before smirking. He's shorter than William but easily taller than me with dark curly hair. "Who's your friend?", he asks while gesturing to me. Another boy who's almost as tall as William with shoulder-length jet black hair looks my way and waves. Will looks around in confusion due to my absence in the room but is relieved to find me still standing awkwardly in the door frame. "What're you still doing over there you silly goose? Come on in!", he says prompting me to walk in and offer a small wave.

"This is (Y/N) (L/N) and she's gonna be hanging out with us for today. I also told her I'd introduce her to Danny!", he explains to them. From one corner, a white-haired boy looks up from his phone to look at William then at me before continuing to scroll on his phone. "Not interested.", he simply says from his perch on a worn-down work desk. William chuckles nervously before offering me a sympathetic smile. I sigh before looking at the boy who I believe to be Danny. "I'm not here to flirt with you, pretty boy. I'm here because you and I were assigned as partners for the end of the year project. Don't flatter yourself.", I speak plainly.

William and the other boys snicker at my bluntness, and Danny stands to make his way over to me. Once he's standing in front of me, it's easy for me to see just how incredibly, almost unnecessarily, handsome he is. From the dirty glass windows, a ray of sunshine illuminates his fluffy white hair creating the illusion of a halo. His pretty brown eyes stare into mine in an intimidating sort of way that makes me want to squirm, but I stand firm. His jawline is sharp and I have a feeling his cunning is sharper. Suddenly, a subtle smirk creeps across his lips and he holds out a hand. "Danny.", he says simply.

I take his hand and shake while sighing with relief internally. "(Y/N).", I say just as plainly as he had. William claps and cheers a bit before saying, "Great! Now that you've passed the vibe check, we can all be friends now!". I nod and Danny shrugs. I watch as he checks the watch on his tattooed wrist, and for a moment I'm tempted to ask about the ink. "Come on, boys. We gotta be out of here in five minutes.", he says while walking back to his corner and grabbing a sketchbook. The other boys grab their things and leave the room. William smiles and gestures for me to follow along while being dragged away by the boy with curly hair. I turn and look at Danny to see him shoulder on a messenger bag while walking towards the door. "Come on, (Y/N).", he says while preparing to exit the classroom.

"I still have to decide whether or not I want you as my partner."

THE END

(A/N): I hope you all enjoy the story!! Please remember to vote, comment, and share. Also, don't forget to drink water and eat healthily. I'm planning to end this book with abt 35-40 stories, but one of them will be made into a book of its own. Comment which story you'd like to see as a book.

thesmolbean out.