Lightning (Oneshot)✨

(A/N): Helloo, my honeys!! I'm back with a sequel to 'Thunder', the kitsune story!! I hope you enjoy this story!! I've been working on this story for a while now, so please comment your thoughts on it! Please enjoy~

I stared at Danny as he and Raiden finished cleaning up the remnants of the breakfast he'd so graciously made for me. I'd insisted on helping them clean up, but he told me not to worry because "a Master should never worry themselves over trivial matters" or whatever that meant. I frowned as they began putting away dishes and utensils. I was used to cleaning, so seeing someone clean for me made me a tad uncomfortable. "You really shouldn't worry about us cleaning so much. This a normal task for us, there's no need to fret.", Danny suddenly said while turning around and leaning against the counter.

My eyes widened and a smirk graced his elegant features. Did he just read my mind or was he just picking up on my silence? He chuckled a bit before looking at Raiden and beckoning him over. Raiden waddled over to his guardian with the cutest tilt of his head. Danny scooped him up with one of his tails and placed him on his shoulders. "Of course I can read your mind, dearest! If I couldn't read my Master's mind, what kind of guardian would I be?", he almost purred.

"I suppose I should be taking you back to that friend of yours you came with.", he started while making his way over to me and taking my hand, "I imagine she's sick with worry by now.". I gasped as I remembered my best friend waiting for me at camp. She had a weak heart and worried about almost anything. "How are we going to get there quickly, though?! I ran at least 3 miles away from our camping spot while I was being chased.", I explained with worry of my own  beginning to sink into my bones. While I was here eating breakfast and talking to a gorgeous, magical fox dude, my poor friend was probably panicking and wondering where I was. What if she hurt herself looking for me?! What if she passed out or something?!

A sudden flash of blue and the sting of electricity against my skin snapped me out of my worried thinking. I looked at my wrist where the sting had come from to see one of Danny's tails wrapped around it. "What did I tell you about worrying about trivial things? I've been guarding this forest for centuries, so I know how to navigate through it pretty well. Come hold my hand.", he instructed firmly.

I nodded and took his warm hand in mine and looked at him with a questioning expression. There was another flash of blue and we were no longer inside the treehouse. We were now standing on the forest floor in a very familiar area. I looked around and spotted three piles of ashes and a large crater in the earth about 500 feet away from us. "A-are those-", I started and trailed off as I realized why the area was so familiar to me. This was the place where Danny rescued Raiden and me from the hunters.

The crater was where he'd landed when he fell from the sky and the ashes... the ashes were what was left of those hunters. A cool hand met my cheek and turned my head away from the scene. "Don't worry your pretty little head about what happened last night. The hunters got what they deserved and that's all there is to it. Now, let's get going shall we?", Danny inquired while taking my hand and leading me deeper into the woods.

I watched quietly as Raiden happily sprinted ahead of us to roll in the dirt and sniff different bushes. I looked to my side to see Danny keeping a close eye on his kit. "Can you tell me more about this whole Master thing? Is there anything specific I need to know?", I asked him after getting bored of the silence. He glanced at me with a smile before refocusing his attention on Raiden. "Once a Kitsune has chosen a worthy human as their Master, they are to be bonded to each other with a special ritual. After the ritual is complete, you will have a share of my power and I will teach you how to use it the correct way.", he explained in that soothing voice of his.

I nodded as I listened to him speak. "Are you sure I'm the right person to have any sort of power? I wouldn't know what to do with it.", I admitted after thinking a bit. Danny chuckled and looked me in the eye. His eyes had become electric blue and they held a burning intensity within them. "I've walked this earth for centuries, and I've seen many people do noble things. What you did to save Raiden was one of the noblest things I've seen in a very long time. You deserve this more than anyone on this planet.", he assured me.

Abruptly, Danny frowned and swiftly faced forward. His ears swiveled and his eyes darted around in search of something. "What is it?", I asked with worry and concern growing within me by the second. "We've lost Raiden again.", he muttered before running toward the bush the small kit had been meddling in. He sniffed around it before cursing under his breath. He turned to me and beckoned me over to him. After I jogged over, he took both my hands in his. "This is the first part of your training. I'm going to howl and when I do I'll need you to close your eyes and focus on my howl, okay?", he inquired with a heavy seriousness in his tone.

I hesitated a bit before nodding. I had so many questions about what was happening, but none of that mattered as much as finding Raiden. He'd been lucky that I stumbled upon him when the hunters were after him, but now I had no idea where he was. A shaky sigh escaped me as I shut my eyes tight and focused on any little sound around me. "I'm ready.", I breathed out drawing a hum from Danny. For a split second, there was nothing but silence until a low, mournful sound echoed through the trees. The earth beneath me vibrated and the wind grew colder. It took me a moment to register that it was Danny making the sound next to me that was causing all of this to happen.

There was nothing but darkness behind my eyelids until there wasn't. At first, there was a single blue spark. Then there was another and another until there was a line of them trailing off to the right. I opened my eyes with a flutter of lashes and was surprised to see that the sparks were still there. I watched in awe as they made a path deeper into the forest illuminating everything around them like small torches. "Can you see them?", came Danny's slightly hoarse voice from beside me. I nodded as I watched them flicker and dance as if trying to draw me closer.

Suddenly, Danny laced his cool fingers with mine drawing my attention back to him. "You're the only one of my Masters who's ever been able to see the Soul Imprint of a Kitsune, and I've never seen one in all my years. If this doesn't prove to you that I chose correctly, I don't know what will. Now lead the way, Master.", he spoke in a stern yet comforting tone. I glanced down at our intertwined hands and felt my spirits soar. I looked up to stare into those alluring eyes of his and nodded earning a bright smile from him. His hand tightened around mine and we began sprinting into the trees with me at the lead, unaware of the dangers we'd soon face.

THE END

(A/N): HELLO MY HONEYS!! I really hope you enjoyed this story! Please comment with your thoughts and any ideas you may have for the next part! Remember to hydrate and eat well, please take care of yourselves my loves!!

p.s.

Although we didn't make it to our 3k goal, I will be extending the deadline to 7/17/2021 for y'all because of how hard y'all worked to get this far!! I was literally amazed at how the reads would sometimes jump like a hundred a day. Y'all really want that smut don't ya 👀. Anyways, if y'all can get me to 3k by 7/17/2021 I will be writing smut for y'all!! ILYSM <333

thesmolbean out