Sparks ✨

(A/N): HIIIII!! YES I'M LATE! Sorry for being this late, I got caught up in the weekend festivities and kinda slacked off too much. Anyways, this week's story is a mix of a songfic and a classic soulmate au prompt. At first, this was just a songfic, but the lyrics brought on the idea of a soulmate theme. This is also very horribly edited hehe. I won't hold you any longer, enjoy <333

"Nope, not a chance.", I breathe out while adjusting the phone between my shoulder and ear.

On the other end of the line, I hear my friends collectively groan, probably pouting at my blatant refusal of their invitation. I glance at the clock to see that there are about thirty minutes until 11:00. "Come on, (Y/N)! You never go with us to see the fireworks, and you promised you would this year!!", one of my friends yells causing me to wince at the loudness of her voice.

I let go of a sigh and begin to rinse my hands under some cool water. They were right, I never went with them to see fireworks. I always stayed home and went to bed early after watching a movie with mid-takeout or reading a book. Going to those sorts of things never really made sense to me. I had indeed promised, but their incessant begging wasn't going to wear me down.

"I just don't understand why I'd want to see fireworks when I can't even see the colors. All of you can see them, so only you should go.", I try to reason with them. A couple of muffled curses follow my statement before a calmer voice speaks up. "I understand that, but wouldn't it suck to go through life without seeing even if they are colorless?", Mei, the more sensible one asks, "You told me when we first met that everyone should try everything at least once. You should try this, I guarantee you won't regret it.". I lean against my kitchen counter and curs internally.

Mei was known for her persuasiveness and freakishly good insight. She was also very wise for her, hence my slowly waning will. She wasn't our "Voice of Reason" for nothing.

"Fucking hell...", I mutter under my breath and rise to go to my closet, "Fine. Let me change, I'll call you to pick me up when I'm ready.". Wild cheers fill my room from my phone's speaker causing a ghost of a smile to grace my features. "No need, honey!! We're already in the parking lot!", someone shouts before the call ended. I stifle a giggle and pull a top from the depths of my closet. Hopefully, Mei was right. Maybe I wouldn't regret it.

*TIMESKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY DANNY'S NEW HAIRCUT*

I gaze up at the grey sky as we speed down the highway. The coolness of the wind blowing across my face isn't doing much to ease my growing anxiety, but it is helping a little. In the backseat, three of my friends are fussing over the aux cord and our driver, Mei, is just as calm as ever.

"How much longer till we get there?", I ask quietly while draping my arm on the window of the little convertible. Even over the sound of the wind, Mei can hear me. "Not much longer, I promise.", she answers with a gentle smile. I hum and lean against my headrest. As my eyelids flutter shut, a familiar tune begins to play on the radio. I open my eyes again and turn to look at the three in the backseat. They all grin at me before one of them shouts, "Go one, sing one we know.". I huff and smirk as I ready myself to fulfill their request.

(A/N: Play 'Sparks' by Coldplay for ✨effect ✨)

"Did I drive you away?

I know what you'll say

You say, "Oh, sing one we know"