67.- Little Miss Sunshine Will Try To Kill You

Ep

Ep. 6 "Zombie Baby Daddy" Ch. 4/6

•——— ——— —•——

"I think we gotta go after him. He shouldn't be out there alone, especially not with the baby." Addy spoke up after a long while of silence, sharpening one of her knives while Joy watched from afar, twisting her butterfly knife across her fingers in various tricks to keep her mind steady instead of trailing off.

While Joy did agree that Murphy shouldn't be out alone in a world where he was target number one—both dead and alive—and with who could essentially replace him and was far more malleable. But they weren't left with many options regarding following him, especially with guard dog Cassandra watching them like a hawk.

"What about Little Miss Sunshine over there? He told her to stop us."

"Don't call her that." Even if Cassandra wasn't entirely... Cassandra. Joy wouldn't even let her Murphyfied version to be reminded of the nickname Tobias had given her while she sold her body just to get their next meal.

Joy shivered just at the thought of the place. No wonder Cassandra had been so desperate to leave.

"Sorry, kid."

"She can't stop all of us at once." 10K added while eyeing Cassandra over his shoulder pressed against Joy, with a look she knew all too well.

That was his assessing threats look, and while he tended to have a good danger sense, Joy didn't know how clouded 10K's judgment would be, after all, Cassandra was his friend too.

"Well I dunno. I think we should wait for Warren and Vasquez. They'll be here soon."

"Is this a democracy? Because I agree with Doc." Addy shook her head, quickly pocketing her freshly sharpened knife.

"We don't even know where they are. And what if something happens to the baby? Or Murphy? He didn't take any food for the baby. Why would he not take food for the baby?"

There were two answers to Addy's question. One; Murphy was as forgetful as Joy was and had simply forgotten the food. Or two; he intended to let that baby starve.

Joy didn't like answer two.

"Oh, he wouldn't do that, would he?"

"Murphy's a lot of things, but I don't think he'd kill his own daughter." Addy shrugged.

"We don't know what he's capable of. He's more zombie than he is human."

Well, democracy be dammed, by the sudden defeated look on Doc's face, Joy could guess she was outnumbered three to one. They were going to go find Murphy, she liked it or not.

•——— ——— —•——

"There's four of us and one of her. If she tries to stop us... we'll do what we have to do." Joy sighed, she didn't like 10K's plan one bit, and that was a first for her.