30. The Only Crazy Allowed In The Apocalypse Is Joy's

Ep

Ep. 10 "Going Nuclear" Ch. 4/6

—••• • ••—• ——— •—• •

10K's dad had tried teaching Joy about traps once, and she actually wasn't half bad at it. Her knots could've used some more practice, but her placement was absolute gold, and even 10K seemed impressed at the sight of her traps legitimately working.

She hadn't practiced that talent in years though, nor did she intend to consider how they couldn't eat meat anymore so what point would trapping an animal be. And trapping a person wasn't nearly as functional since they had hands and opposing thumbs and what not.

But she'd have to brush up on her skills quickly.

•——— ——— —•——

The group plus Amelia deemed it a good idea to find a Homer Simpson...or Stubbins, Joy actually didn't pay much attention. All she knew was that the person was armed, dangerous, and crazy.

But so, was she, so what was the issue there?

Joy was leaving a steady trail of water droplets along the dry road as they walked up to a fenced house with rotting bodies of dead Z's attached to the wire.

Well, the guy liked his trophies.

Suddenly, Amelia stopped in her tracks before they even got close to the fence, eyeing the dead Zs wearily.

"We have to stop here."

"We're still fifty yards away." Amelia shrugged.

"My dad said the place was booby-trapped. I told you, Homer's crazy."

10K opted to leave Joy's side there to get a better look at the layout, handing her his rifle, so he could crouch down easier.

Joy smirked, Homer didn't even reach her level of crazy. "I'm crazy, he's just paranoid."

"Have we completely dismissed the idea of a phone call? Just sayin'." Cassandra actually had a decent point, that was if they had somewhere to call him in, besides...

"Do you think he still even has a working landline?" Cassandra shrugged.

Her idea wasn't perfect, but it was an idea.

Meanwhile, Warren went up to 10K, crouching by his side. "Hey. This is your kinda set-up. How do we get in?"

"Without us getting killed. I do like to keep that in mind."

"We could just send Murphy in and if he explodes, we know not to step there." Joy gave Warren her best innocent smile, but the woman was beginning to learn about her behaviors and she was definitely not as innocent as she seemed.

"Precisely why I pointed it out."

"Uh, well, one thing, Homer's set-up is aimed at stopping Zs, not a team. So if we keep a sharp eye out for landmines, trip wires..."