24. Are All Fruits This Talented?

Ep

Ep. 8 "Zunami" Ch. 2/4

—••• • ••—• ——— •—• •

Before the apocalypse, Joy had never seen anyone die or be dead. She occasionally heard about someone dying or one of her great-great grandmas dying. But she never actually saw their bodies.

If she didn't know any better, she would've thought dying was just a concept in movies. Like flying cars, or decent people.

But when she saw her first dead body, well, that changed drastically. Especially with how she had seen that same person a mere day before, and he was just as chatty as ever.

Joy would like to say that's when she truly snapped, when all her sanity had left her body and floated somewhere in the surrounding air.

Yet it wasn't.

Joy snapped years before thanks to her father and her newfound fear of small dark spaces. That's what she'd call the moment where she noticed how truly messed up her thoughts could be.

And she embraced that craziness, after all, that ended up getting her 10K in her life. So, what's not to love about a few lost screws?

•——— ——— —•——

"I wonder where they're all going."

"South, weren't you listening?" Murphy shot Joy the middle finger.

The amount of times the two flipped each other off in a week was honestly impressive.

"Nowhere, they're zombies."

Joy groaned from her spot on the ground, the guy was giving her flashbacks to the General McCandles argument. "Oh not this debate again."

"Be glad they don't have a leader."

"The day the Zs get a leader is the day I learn to shoot."

"I think I liked you better dehydrated." Joy flipped him off for a second before 10K caught onto her hand and pinned it against her chest.

Well, so much for annoying Murphy.

"Now what?" Joy had come to learn Murphy got bored easily and constantly wanted to be on the move for whatever reason.

If Joy didn't hate his guts so much, she'd actually emphasize with him.

"We wait them out."

"We can't just stay here and wait to die." Joy shrugged.

"Who said we can't?" Murphy glared at her again, and she smiled at him sarcastically.

And that's when Joy started hearing scratching. But she was almost positive that dehydration was catching up to her, and she was hallucinating again.