4. Ding Dong The Wicked Z Is Dead

Ep

Ep. 3 "Philly Feast" Ch. 1/5

—••• • ••—• ——— •—• •

Joy had been to Philadelphia once, she was twelve, her parents had a conference in some fancy pants hotel and the entire house staff had gotten sick, so they had no other option but to drag Joy with them.

Of course back then, Joy hadn't even made it outside the airport, she'd spent a little over ten hours just gallivanting around, hustling her way into someone buying her a bag of chips and a soda, and sneaking behind the check in counter to send 10K emails through his dad's account to keep her entertained until finally, her parents went back, and they all flew home without a word spoken to each other.

Back then, Joy had imagined Philadelphia very differently, but again the apocalypse hadn't been nice to anything or anyone. And Philly wasn't an exception.

It was all dead, literally, not even those pesky weeds that choose to grow right next to sewers and in the middle of potholes were nowhere to be seen. It was all concrete, Z's, and dust.

And here Joy thought the airport was boring.

•——— ——— —•——

Joy looked out to the side as the truck begun to slow down, she spotted you guessed it, another broken down car with a bell strapped to the back of it.

Who would choose to just ride around with a bell?

"No way." Doc spoke up from next to Joy, leaning forward to the point where he blocked her view of the bell completely.

Sometimes she hated being short.

"Is that really the Liberty bell?" Joy raised her brows, her middle school teacher would've lowered her grade way more than a C- if she had learned Joy couldn't recognize the Liberty Bell.

"'Proclaim liberty throughout all the land and undo all the inhabitants there are.' Yeah, that's it." Joy snorted as Doc hopped off to get a better look at the bell.

"How poetic, I would've just wrote 'Stop whining like babies and be free, y'all.'" Garnett shook his head at Joy's antics.

Barely a week with her and 10K being part of the group, and they could all say Joy carried as much sarcasm in her little body as Murphy did.

The only difference aside from the obvious between the two was the delivery. Joy's would be more humorous, while Murphy's would be more detrimental.