54.- I Hate Blasters Club Is Officially In Session

Ep

Ep. 3 "Zombie Road" Ch. 3/3

•——— ——— —•——

Joy couldn't have nice things like a makeover, or a nice chat with someone closer to her age than Addy was, and who understood her pretty well for someone she met a few hours ago.

Because as soon as the gossip session was reaching its full swing, more gunshots had to be heard, and this time it wasn't Vasquez and Warren.

Joy heard a plethora of shots ring in the air as Athena pumped her shotgun beside her, Joy's own hands, or better yet hand, reaching out for the gun by her leg.

Two all terrains four by four cars were driving past the trailer shooting as wildly as Joy, and she liked being the only wild one present. So naturally, she returned fire without a hassle.

Joy's bullet must've hit a tire at some point because the cars began to slow down enough for Vasquez, Warren, and 10K to quickly pick them all off.

And that's what she called good shooting.

"Joy?!" She heard 10K yell from his perch as he peeked over the ledge that kept him hidden, Joy shot him a thumbs up as best she could with her also holding the gun with that same hand, the splinted arm holding on by the tips of her fingers from the rafters above hers and Athena's heads.

"I'm good!" 10K's relief was short-lived because the people they had just killed appeared to come in numbers as more rolled by, now mixing with those hidden in the bushes along the road.

At first, Joy and Athena were shooting side by side, one being particularly more accurate with her shooting than the other. Joy was trying, okay?

"Take cover!" 10K suddenly yelled, and Joy didn't hesitate to listen, curling into a ball over Athena's stuffed cushions making sure all her body parts were covered by something. But, unlike Joy, Athena didn't listen.

She only kept shooting shot after shot without a care in the world, bullets ricocheting from the rafters by her head before one finally met its target, the centre of her forehead.

Joy gagged as Athena's body fell atop her, the shotgun that she had been holding clattering to the ground by Joy's hanging hand. Well, so much for making friends in the apocalypse.

"Thanks for the makeover 'Thena."

"Joy?!" She pushed Athena's body off her, blowing some hair out of her face before holstering her gun back in place, locking eyes with 10K above the rafters who matched her sorrowful look at seeing Athena's body sprawled out by Joy's side.