53.- Red Is The Colour Of Love, Blood, And Her Hopes & Dreams

Ep

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Ep. 3 "Zombie Road" Ch. 2/3

•——— ——— —•——

Trailer group had to be one of the most accommodating groups in the apocalypse Joy and ever had the pleasure of stumbling upon.

Sure, there was Major whatever his name was with the weapon-free camp for Joy's birthday, but Garnett died there, so it didn't count.

There was also Helen and women love women club, but she brainwashed Addy and nearly got Joy and Mack killed, so that didn't count either.

Actually, Joy was just waiting for the other shoe to drop with the trailer group. Either someone of their group was going to die or it'll all explode. It was always one or the other in the apocalypse.

"You guys need some more water?" Warren, Vasquez, and Addy had gone off somewhere to chat about whatever it is proper adults talked about, leaving behind Doc, 10K, and Joy on babysitting Murphy duties.

Though, the three were far too engrossed in their respective meals that they had been given by the trailer group to care. Doc with his can of mushroom stew, 10K nursing his empty cup of water, and Joy with a combination of shovelling chickpeas into her mouth along with gulping down water as if there were no tomorrow.

Gina would be disappointed in her manners.

"Water?" A woman with a jug filled with water in hand offered Doc some, but he shook his head profusely, so moved on to 10K.

"Water?" In response, 10K extended his empty cup of water for it to be filled with his friendliest smile that he had in his repertoire of facial expressions.

"Thank you."

"Water?" Joy chewed her mouth full of chickpeas as fast as she could, extending her own cup while wiping at the edges of her mouth with her sleeve.

Humanity had long-lost the sense of using napkins, and Joy wasn't going to go walking around with chickpea juice trailing down her chin, so she had to improvise.

"Thanks." The woman gave Joy a warm smile before moving further down the line, the teen soon returning to her chickpeas, chewing significantly slower to savour the last few spoonfuls inside her can.

"You kids are heroes." Joy shrugged, taking a big gulp of her water to wash down her food.

"I'd rather not be. Heroes always suffer the most, I'm more of a charitable villain." Doc seemed to want to refute her words, but instead ended up shrugging and diving back to his food.