38. Joy Hated Roadblocks And Murphy In A Yellow Jacket

Ep

Ep. 12 "Murphy's Law" Ch. 1/4

— •••• ——— ••— ——• •••• — •••

As previously stated, Joy wasn't a sports person. The most she did was that one time in a swimming team and then quit after the first season.

She didn't even participate in any kind of matches that were mandatory in P.E. That's probably why the coach hated her so much, either that or the fact that she kept calling him out for telling them to work harder when he just spent the entire period sitting down while sipping on his coffee and flipping through various newspapers.

Either way, Joy could still recognize a golf course a mile away, she had grown up in a fairly rich family after all.

But she didn't exactly want to golf, that definitely sounded more like someone else's thing.

If anything, if Joy needed a sport, she'd probably go for gymnastics or something really cool to watch.

•——— ——— —•——

"Jefferson?" 10K hummed while he tightened his grip on her.

With the newly open spots in the van, Doc and Warren were now at the front, with Murphy, Cassandra, and Joy on 10K's lap in the back. They were finally allowed to ride comfortably all the way to Colorado.

Losing Addy and Mack was certainly a tragedy, but at least some good came out of it.

"Would you still like me if I was a worm?" 10K shrugged.

"If you were a worm, I'd use you to catch fish."

"How romantic."

"D'you think we'll ever see them again?" To be honest, Cassandra felt slightly guilty for leaving Addy behind.

After all, when she had willingly sacrificed herself to Tobias back when, they had gone back for her.

"Mack and Addy? My heart says yes, but my mind...my mind says no."

"Your mind and mine seem to agree for once, Warren."

"I was kinda hopin' they'd make it with us to the promised land."

It was no use dwelling on the past anymore, either way, Mack and Addy were fucked.

Just as much as they were considering how they had just come up to the best part of the apocalypse, a road block.

"Now what?"

"Heads up everybody." Doc alerted them all, after all, roadblocks were perfect for ambushes.

And that wouldn't be the first time it'd happened, which was the worst bit.

10K sighed and hit his head on the headrest behind him. "I hate roadblocks."