46. A Recap; This Sucks

Ep

Ep. 1 "The Murphy" Ch. 1/3

—••• • ••—• ——— •—• •

To recap Joy's life, it was going something like this:

•Be born

•Go to school

•Age

•Live to see the zombie apocalypse

•Find the saviour of the zombie apocalypse and the group of idiots who thought it a good idea to take care of him.

And then... then the saviour of humanity decided Chernobyl wasn't enough and called a whole missile to the building they only barely managed to sneak out of.

Joy was having a great time, queue the sarcasm.

•——— ——— —•——

The first thing Joy noticed when it came to her senses wasn't that she was, in fact, alive, it was that she felt half dead thanks to her twisted arm in the dashboard.

Damn Doc and his shot shoulder for needing the entire back seat and forcing Joy to sit with 10K in the front. Because not only was 10K using her as a mattress with the van flipped over, but her arm was twisted between the glove compartment and her legs.

And that was definitely the cause for her screaming bloody murder, which in the apocalypse was like lighting up a flare for zombies to know where to find their next live meal.

"Joy? Joy. Calm down." She would've calmed down, but with 10K wiggling his way out of the seatbelt, it only further trapped her hand.

"My hand... Fuck! That hurts." Slowly, 10K finally managed to squirm his way out of the seat and drag himself out the broken window, leaving an upside-down Joy to cradle her twisted arm.

"I got you. I got you." 10K rasped out as he helped drag Joy out by the shoulders, sadly ripping her sweater in the process with the dragging, but it was to be expected.

Joy was in desperate need of a new sweater anyway, the one she had on had Murphy cooties from even being close to him.

"I got her. Go get Doc." Between her own pained whimpers, Joy just about heard Warren speak and usher Joy's chair away, also known as 10K.

"I think it's broken." Joy sniffled while Warren pulled her hand away to check it, there was blood pouring down her forehead just like it had been dripping past 10K's nostrils from when the van flipped over and forced his face to crash against the dashboard while trying to cover Joy.

No doubt did Joy believe she looked just as dust and blood filled as both Warren and 10K did, maybe even worse. But she was far too preoccupied with her hand.

Which speaking of, Warren had been forced to stuff Joy's mouth with her banged up sweater just so she'd stop screaming and attracting attention to their location while she twisted her hand around to check the extent of her injuries.