58.- "Chop Chop" Says The Fan

Ep

Ep. 4 "Batch 47" Ch. 4/4

— •••• ——— ••— ——• •••• — •••

What would you do if you had lost the cure to zombieism inside a greenhouse filled with live plants with just as hungry Zs littered around that wanted to chew at you like a piece of gum?

A) Run the other way and say sayonara to the cure.

B) Go inside with the cure's lackey with the few weapons you had on you and hope for the best.

Hint: The answer to that dilemma set by Warren wasn't A.

•——— ——— —•——

The setup was just the same as the last time Joy had entered the greenhouse, only with the addition that Addy was now at the back, and Cassandra was sniffing around right in front of Joy who was wedged between her and 10K.

"Incoming!" Warren yelled from the front, everyone readying their weapons thinking it was some stray Z zombying around, but it was just Murphy running away and pushing everyone out of his way just for the sake of his own survival.

Typical.

"Murphy! After him!" The group as a whole turned on their heels and ran back the way they came, Joy noticing Cassandra was still sniffing at some sleeping Z, tugging at her wrist while 10K tugged her out.

"Warren! Hurry! I can't control it!" It now made sense why Murphy was so terrified because not only was he wrapped around like a poorly made spaghetti vine burrito, but the Z they had seen stuck at the back of the greenhouse was now dead set on killing Murphy.

Which if he wasn't a Z, Joy gladly would've let him have a go at Murphy, but apparently she had to save Murphy's life, again. Joy really should start charging for keeping him alive.

"Oh, shoot. I got up high. J.F, get the vines." Joy let go of Cassandra's wrist while she rushed to help tug Murphy away from the tight vines while she was hacking at every last one, but the vines were thicker than she initially thought.

How could Zs be getting harder and harder to kill? Where was the zompocalypse complaints box? Because Joy had a couple of them.

"Will you hold still before I cut your foot off?"

"Do it, Doc. Maybe then he'll learn to stop runnin' off." Joy then swung her hatchet at a vine a little too close to Murphy's baby making organ for his liking, but at least the vine was cut and Murphy could sadly still produce mini versions of himself.

"Happy!"

"Oh, quit your wining before I go accept a cartel's offer and hunt you down for fun." Just as Joy finished hacking at another vine, what she expected was a thank you from Murphy, but instead got a bunch of screaming that made her ears ring.