64.- Baby Fever Is Contagious

Ep

Ep. 6 "Zombie Baby Daddy" Ch. 1/6

•——— ——— —•——

Joy smashed her hatchet into an approaching Z's head, using the strength of her leg to free her weapon before going on to another while wiping sweat off her forehead. That had to be the twentieth Z she had just killed.

Don't get Joy wrong, she loved a piking party as much as the next gal, and she also loved Lucy very much, even if Murphy didn't let her within five feet of her. But boy was her crying starting to get annoying.

You see, screaming out in the middle of a Z-filled field would attract unwanted attention of every member of the undead in the vicinity. Lucy's cries had a similar effect, only she didn't have to be surrounded by Zs, all she had to do was cry and every last Z in the planet ran over to her.

And since they didn't know the zombie's intentions, they couldn't exactly let any one of them get close to her or Murphy. After all, the Zs could've been jealous that Murphy loved someone more than he loved them and went crazy ex-wife on Lucy and eat her alive or something.

Basically, Joy was having fun, but the fun meter was starting to run out.

"Doc!" Joy heard Murphy yell from behind her just as 10K shot another Z with his slingshot as his rifle had mysteriously run out of bullets earlier. As if someone dared use 10K's rifle to shoot, that would be plain disrespectful without permission in Joy's opinion.

Joy piked an approaching Z in the head before a shadow crossed over her, and when she looked up, Joy certainly thought she had seen everything. Lucy was flying, well, she had been thrown by Murphy towards Doc for him to catch her since he was cornered, but it still seemed like she had just seen a baby fly.

Forget seeing pigs fly, flying babies were way better.

By nothing short of some great luck, Doc caught little Lucy in his arms, allowing his baseball bat to drop and switching the attention from all the Zs onto him.

"Doc. Move it." Joy ran in from the side and piked the closest Z to Doc and Lucy, using two shots of her gun to stun the other Zs by shooting them in the chest so they staggered back and giving enough time for Doc to run away.

Joy chuckled on her own while she swung her hatchet into another Z's head, 10K watching from above the roof of a car with a bewildered look. Laughing on her own was a new level of crazy for Joy.

"What are you laughing at?" Joy chuckles grew even louder, a proud grin on her face that had 10K wondering if she had accidentally eaten some of Doc's stash or if she had really just lost it all.

"I said move it," 10K still looked confused, shooting another approaching Z with one of his gears before turning back to his still laughing girlfriend. "You know, like Madagascar? I like to move it move it, she likes to move it move it?"