33. Math Problems Written On Napkins Can Predict The Future

Ep

Ep. 11 "Sisters Of Mercy" Ch. 1/5

—••• • ••—• ——— •—• •

Joy didn't wonder what happened to her parents during the apocalypse. 10K's dad had offered to drive her back to her home to check on them right when it'd begun, but she refused.

With all the money her parents had she didn't doubt that they had paid for some rich people resort to save themselves from the Zs, but knowing rich people, at least one of them couldn't live without their long-time employee who didn't want to mention had gotten bitten and ended up turning Z in some closed off space.

That was Joy's theory anyway, either way she didn't care for her parents.

As far as she knew, only three people in her life had ever cared for her, and two of them were dead.

Although that number had slightly grown when she and 10K had joined the group. And she wouldn't change any of them for anything...

Except maybe some dope superpowers, Joy would love to have some great healing superpowers.

Perhaps then she'd be able to help Cassandra.

•——— ——— —•——

You see, while fleeing some Zs back after they had managed to contact Citizen Z about some intel about food that they desperately required, Cassandra had managed to snag her leg up in some barbed wire and the cut had gotten all infected.

But in the ever cheerful spirit that is Murphy, he suggested they mercy one of Joy's best friends, and then she threaten to chop his testicles off and then 10K jabbed her in the ribs...they all came up with the genius idea that 10K and Joy would trade helping Cassandra walk while the other stood guard for the three of them.

And no, the argument of Murphy wanting to mercy Cassandra and Joy threatening to chop his testicles off hadn't happened more than four times...totally not.

Either way, Murphy would forget all about it whenever they reached Citizen Z's stash of food they had mentioned. They were after all already in the building, hopefully mere steps away from the stash.

That was of course until they heard some noises and Warren held up her hand for them to stop.

For the time being, it had been Joy who was carrying Cassandra, while 10K stood guard in front of the two with his rifle at the ready.

Cassandra had definitely joined their friend group at that point, if 10K was already becoming protective of her as well.

The duo was now a trio...and that sounded way more sexual than intended.

"Hold it right there." Warren yelled as two figures suddenly stepped into their line of fire.

Doc shined his flashlight on them and Joy saw the two people she had already deemed dead weeks ago, she even held a mental funeral and everything.