57.- Cartels And Zs Shouldn't Mix

Ep

Ep. 4 "Batch 47" Ch. 3/4

•——— ——— —•——

Joy grew up with the ideal that arson was bad, it could land you in jail and hurt people and a bunch of other bad things.

But would burning a greenhouse full of plant Zs really be that bad? Don't two wrongs make a right, or something?

"There it is." Murphy muttered as they all stepped into an open clearing, with a creepy looking Z literally hanging from vines at the very back of the greenhouse. That definitely was becoming part of Joy's nightmares.

"Let's do this and get the hell out of here. Doc and 10K, you guys harvest the leaves. Murphy and I will get the seed pods. Joy, watch our six and no trying to kill any zombies." Joy pouted while dragging her feet back towards the small hallway they had burst from initially.

"Boring."

Joy busied herself by trying to count the Zs slowly pulling away from their vine filled prison with every leaf she heard being plucked behind her, she got to the grand amount of eight before Murphy spoke up.

"Careful! Remember, these things have feelings."

"So do I, and they're hurting mine by existing." Joy had been riding with Murphy enough to recognize his scoff behind her back as even more Zs began to burst through.

But hey, what was Joy supposed to do? Warren said no killing, so she'd be a good little daughter and just watch all these potential killer Zs gather around faster than little kids around an ice cream truck.

Would milk still be useful post-Z? Because Joy missed ice-cream.

"Reminds me of my days back in Humboldt."

"Easy now. You're gonna wake him."

"Hey Warren, is this a good time to start going all staby-staby on Zs or not yet?" Warren stopped picking pods to look towards where Joy was now standing in front of a whole plant Z horde, her hatchet dancing around her legs while she readied to split some of their skulls in half.

"Murphy."

"Quick! I can't hold this for long!" Joy would be lying if she said she wasn't enjoying every ounce of pain she could hear Murphy go through, maybe then he'd start to understand just how much it hurt to sprain your arm and lose your friend to some puppet master.

"l'm losing it!"

"Murphy!" Joy was suddenly shoved out of the way straight into the hands of a Z by none other than Murphy. Her list of payback was only getting longer and longer.

Luckily, the Z's hands still hadn't set properly against Joy's arms, so she easily cut one of the Z's hands off and ran towards where Doc, 10K, and Warren were waiting with their weapons pointed at the small approaching horde.