16. There's Two Reactions To The Birthday Song; Awkwardness & Crying

Ep

Ep. 6 "Resurrection Z" Ch 3/5

—••• • ••—• ——— •—• •

As far as Joy knew, 10K had only had one crush on someone before. Her name was Ana something, an exchange student from Colombia. During those days, he'd go even quieter (yes, even around Joy where he tended to be louder than his average persona) every time she was around, and would follow her with his eyes or sometimes full body everywhere he could until he gained enough confidence to actually talk to her.

The conversations were painfully short and awkward, but what else was there to be expected with 10K? He'd attempt at making her laugh with some ridiculous jokes, but he'd always fail.

And just when he could finally have a decent conversation with her, she returned to Colombia.

So let's just say Joy knew perfectly well 10K's current behavior with the cult girl.

And she didn't like it.

•——— ——— —•——

While Garnett and Warren were talking about whatever with Major Williams, Joy made it her personal mission to stuff her stomach to the brim with as much food as possible.

If the first meal was free, you bet she was taking full advantage of it.

In fact, she was so focused on her task at hand that she didn't even look up from her plate until another plate was set down in front of her.

Slowly, she looked up, her cheeks stuffed with cherries to the point where there was a line of cherry juice pouring down her chin.

Before she could properly process what was going on, a flash had already blinded her, forcing Joy to clean her mouth with her sleeve and rub at her eyes to be able to see again.

"I knew this Polaroid would come handy one of these days." Joy stopped rubbing at her eyes and turned to see Addy shaking a picture from her spot behind 10K across from Joy.

"Addy! Give me that!" Joy tried leaning across the table to get the picture, but she stepped back further away, smiling at the picture that Joy no doubt looked like a chipmunk in.

"Nope. This is mine now." Before Addy could realize what was happening, 10K suddenly snatched the picture away from Addy's grasp.

Joy beamed, thinking he was going to hand her the picture, but instead he tucked it in his pocket and Joy's face fell. There was no way she was getting that picture now.

"10K! Give me the picture." 10K only smiled and bit into his apple.

His albeit adorable way of saying go fuck yourself.

Ever the savior of 10K, Warren cut off his untimely murder by Joy's hands by carving a hole into the apple in front of Joy, planting a lit candle in the hole.