Chapter#8 Golden Light And Burning Fire

It's been two days since the gathering of kings and currently me, Irisviel, and saber are driving down a road following Mya, Kiritsugu's partner on our way to a new hideout. Currently I'm sitting in the back looking out the window watching the forest pass us by as saber drives while Irisviel sits in the passenger seat smiling.

"How does it feel to drive a car saber do you like it?" Irisviel asks.

"Yes this is a splendid vehicle, I can't help but wonder what would have happened had these existed back in my time.......Irisviel are you sure you don't mind me driving you seemed to enjoy driving that last time we were out?" Saber asks.

"No this is fine, if you're happy driving then I'm happy too, I have to say the skills of a servant are amazing this your first time touching a steering wheel and your practically a natural at it" Irisviel says smiling.

"It's because when we are summoned we gain knowledge on the times technology and history, in all honesty saber or myself could have piloted the plane we arrived in should the need had arrived" I say casually.

"Also master are you sure it's ok for us to transfer to this new hideout? It's precisely in the middle of the main battlefield?" I ask.

"Don't you worry about that because secrecy is the Hallmark of the grail war, the Tohsaka's and Matou's have already established fortifications in the city, the Enezbernz are unusual for building that castle in such a distant location, on the contrary this new base that Kiritsugu has secured will be more advantages than the castle we were using because it's location is unknown to the others" Irisviel explains.

"If you say so..." I say as I close my eyes to take a nap.

----------------------------------
30 MINUTES LATER.
----------------------------------

*Yaaawn!*

I groan stretching out my arms as we all get out of the car now standing Infront of our new base. It was a traditional Japanese manson. It had walls surrounding it with blue shingles layering the top. The house itself was quite large with a hallway to the left of the house with long windows and a large sliding door leading into a courtyard with a small shed.

"Not bad although it looks to be a fixer upper...." I say pointing to the vegetation littering the buildings cracked walls and paint chipped main gate.

"From now on this place will be your base of operations" Mya say walking up to Irisviel and handing her the key which she hands off to saber.

"Ooohh wow~" Irisviel smile's as Mya leaves.

-----------------------------------------------------------

After Mya left we decided to scope out the place and see were we can set up Irisviel's mage craft eventually we decided on the shed in the courtyard, it was made out of wood that had yet to rot and it was standing quite strong for how old it looked.

"Ok now let's get started will you help me saber we need to make a magic circle 6 feet in diameter and then I'll need your help with the mercury, David could you do me a favor and grab the ingredients we left out in the trunk?" Irisviel asks.

'that look in her eyes....... something's wrong.' I think as I noticed a pained look in Irisviel's eyes.

"Master are you ok? You've been acting weird it's been looking like you've been avoiding touching things, so I'll ask, are you ok?" I say walking up to her.

"Yes you're right........I'm sorry.....I couldn't keep this hidden for very long anyway...." Irisviel says walking up to me her eyes showing no emotion.

"Your hand..." She says flatly as she takes my hand into hers much to my confusion.

"David I'm going to squeeze your hand as hard as I can useing all the strength I have ok" she says flatly.