Chapter Thirty-Seven - Melora

Melora stared at the fire across her, a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. She still couldn't help the occasional shiver that came through her body, even by the fire. The cave was cold and quiet. She had given up asking Draco when Dante and Drystan would get to the shelter. She felt as if she was annoying him with all of her questions.

She wrapped her arms around her knees, hugging them to her chest. She was beginning to worry about them. It felt like they had been waiting for ages before two doors suddenly appeared on the opposite wall, making Melora jump to her feet. She started for the door when Draco grabbed her arm and pulled her behind him.

Draco held out a sword in front of him. "We still need to be careful, sister. I don't know who else knows the way to this door."

Melora poked her head around Draco's body to see who had entered the door. Tears threatened to fall as she watched Dante and Drystan run through the door, slamming it shut behind them. Draco dropped the sword and stood straight, moving out of Melora's way. "Good to see you two made it," Draco sighed with relief.

Melora looked over at Drystan, and her heart dropped as she noticed that he was covered in blood. Her eyes moved up to his face; the only part of him she could see were his eyes. The bore into hers as he took long, stalking steps toward her. He ripped his mask off his face as he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close against him. Her hands ran up his chest, wrapping around his neck as she pulled him down and crashed her lips onto his. His lips were rough and possessive as they claimed hers, but she loved it. Her knees threatened to buckle underneath her, but his arms kept her firm against him.

Dante cleared his throat, forcing them to separate and turn to him. "I'm sorry to interrupt," he gave them an awkward smile. "We won't be able to stay here for long. We will need to move to the camp Carwel is creating soon."

"I suggest we stay a night or two," Draco added as he crossed his arms. "Alathic will be sending a team out to bring us back. We should give them a chance to search the area."

"What if they find the door?" Melora asked as Drystan pulled her closer to him. He dipped his head to her neck, breathing in her scent.

Dante shook his head. "No one should. Yes, we don't know who else knows about the door, but I'm confident no one will find it here." He motioned for them to follow him. "This cave has different magical qualities that are extremely old. For example," he pressed his hand against the wall and moved as another door appeared. "Here's your room."

"Our room?" Melora stepped forward, Drystan not far behind her.

Dante nodded. "Yes. If we're going to stay here, you will need a place to sleep. It most likely already has everything that you would need inside." He smiled at them. "We'll see you two later."

"Dante, Draco," Drystan called out to them. "Thank you."

Draco gave him a nod. "Of course, brother." They turned and walked back toward the door.

Melora pulled Drystan into the room and closed the door before finally letting the tears flow down her cheeks. She turned to Drystan and couldn't help the shakiness of her hands as she touched his chest. She wanted to make sure that he was real. This wasn't a dream; he was standing in front of her. Once again, she noticed all of the blood that was on him. "Please tell me that this isn't your blood."

Drystan shrugged as he ran his hands up and down her arms. "Some of it could be. We had to fight our way through the castle to escape. Dante tries to be sneaky but isn't very good at sneaking around."

Melora looked up at Drystan and noticed for the first time how pale he looked. "Drystan," Melora started. "When was the last time that you fed?"

Drystan shrugged. "I'm not sure."

Melora ran her fingers gently over his jaw. "You need to feed, Drystan." Drystan shook his head, his hands moving down to her waist. She stepped back from him and pulled her shirt over her head before unbuttoning her pants. She pushed them down and looked up at him. She thought that maybe she could entice him to feed from her, and the only way she was supposed to do that would be to take off her clothes.

She couldn't help the shiver that traveled up her spine at Drystan's look. Pure hunger and lust were in his dark eyes. His eyes traveled up her body but stopped when he looked at her neck. "What the fuck happened?" he growled. His hands clenched tightly at his side.

Melora reached up and touched her neck. She looked around and saw a mirror hanging on the wall. She quickly moved toward it and gasped at what she saw. Dark bruises in the shape of a hand lined her neck. Where Alathic's rings had been against her skin were now burns. She was so afraid that she didn't feel the pain he was giving her.

Drystan moved behind her, his eyes still glued to the bruises and burns on her neck. "What happened, Melora?"

Melora felt another shiver run through her body at his voice. It was deep and dangerous. No longer was the look of lust in his eyes; now, it was rage. She took a deep breath and tried to meet his eyes before answering. "Alathic came to see me after talking to you. He got mad that I refused and told him to fuck off." She took another deep breath. "I caused him to leave."

Drystan's eyes softened as they moved to meet hers. His hand moved out and gently brushed against the bruises. Another growl left his throat, and Melora couldn't help the heat in her stomach build. She relaxed as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her flush against his front. He began to press soft kisses along her throat. "I promise, Melora," he growled. "When I meet that fucker on the battlefield, I will kill him."

Melora pressed her ass against him, causing a low groan to come out of his mouth. His hands moved over her body. "You need to feed, Drystan."

His eyes snapped up to meet hers. The hunger and lust were back in his eyes. Drystan began to run his fangs up and down her throat. "Is that an order, Princess?"

Melora smirked as she nodded and pressed her ass against him again. "Yes, Drystan. I order you to feed from me."

Drystan's hands gripped her hips and pushed his erection against her. Melora started to squirm, but he held her in place. "If I feed, you can't move."