11

"I didn't do it," I screamed. "Stop blaming me!"
I hit his hands. I was in pain. My body was becoming weaker and weaker under his hands.
"Stop!" I moved my legs. "You're hurting me, Joe!" My nails tried every way of scratching him. He was strong. I was weak. I was weaker.

"Exactly. A bitch like you should die." His hands tightened on my neck. Oxygen was leaving my lungs and the pressure of me trying to hold onto my life didn't help me out. My life was flashing before I blinked, I felt so near my end. "You ruined my fucking life." this was real.

His voice rang in my ears like it'd be the last voice my soul would hear before fading off.
The same villain face he looked at me years ago, the same smile he looked at me like he was satisfying a part in him. He was ravenous to something. And he was taking it from me.

He was taking my life away and I was helpless to flee. I wasn't as influential as he always has been. I couldn't call for help, I couldn't stop him.
I couldn't breathe and I couldn't do anything.

I watched myself vanish around him.

I didn't want to end. I wanted to live.
I wanted to breathe.

Breathe.
Breathe, Viviana.

My back arched hard in fright, I wheezed at the sound of vibration. The sound of my phone rang through my body. It was just a dream. A nightmare. Sweat was rolling off my skin and my breath was fastening. It happened again. And again. When will this stop?

It's been a few weeks again. These few weeks weren't something I'd like to remember. Something was wrong with me.

Thankfully I moved to my new apartment, but ever since I entered that door, nightmares couldn't leave me alone. Memories kept playing back, past kept repeating.

Every day I slept on the bed and shut my eyes, terrors instantly fell beside me.
Each one of them was only about him.

He kept coming back at me even during my sleep. The thought of him never left me. Even if I tried everything during this situation, nothing stopped the pain, the terror I woke up to the intimidating white walls that watched my tears become dry till the morning arrived.

I've tried putting a night light on, I tried putting an end to my nightmares endings, but nothing saved me from dying by Joe. I tried taking sleeping pills, I even drank coffee nonstop. I didn't have no longer the motivation to go out and search for a job to help myself from going tight with the money I had left on my debit card. Everything was useless. Medical treatment.

Nothing.

Every day I got worse and worse. I didn't eat, the last meal I had was probably more than 24 hours ago, I've lost my appetite for everything. I couldn't sleep and once I did, nightmares greeted me with warm arms. I was frustrated.

Jessica and the others have been great to me, but yet we haven't spent much time together recently to go up to her and tell them what's going on with me, besides they had a life to live and a job to look up to, and I wanted to keep this to myself without causing anyone a trouble.

And as if somebody is going to know. I have been home all day since a week ago. The only reason I got out was because I ran out of coffee. My life has gotten worse, I was mentally ill, I was on my bed all day. Falling asleep and waking up again.

A TOUCH OF DARKNESS जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें