Epilogy

Five years later.

"Felix!" I screamed running after him. I loved his tiny giggles and his green eyes getting drowned with his chubby cheeks. "Mommy is getting a little too tired, baby!"  I stopped running and caught my breath.

He stopped like I thought and ran back to me.

"Mommy? Are you hurt?" I coughed more trying to reach out to my heart which was pounding loudly in my chest and immediately pranked him by laughing and picking him up.

"Got you!" He threw his head in annoyance and let out tiny screams.

"Every time!" He screamed before kicking his feet in the air so he could fall back down and be set free from me. "Let me go!" I kissed his cheeks and shook my head, disagreeing with him.

"I'm going to eat your cheeks," I warned and already bit them softly. I loved annoying him, I loved it when he was bothered and getting all flushed up with annoyance. He was adorably cute.

"Hey, you." A deep voice broke our fight. Both of us feared that voice, and trying to face it was our biggest nightmare. "Put my kid down." He pointed his index at me, cautioning me with sharp eyes and jaw clenching. Okay, that's a little too serious.

"Exactly. Put me down, mommy!" My mouth dropped wide, feeling a little too down and betrayed by my son and husband.

"Fine!" I mocked putting him down on the grass again and crossing my arms. "Go to daddy and ask for a cupcake! I will not give you anything anymore!" The rejection in his eyes gratified me, at that moment I knew I won the fight, I had touched a weak spot in my son's preference, and nobody was going to be like me.

I should have an award for being the best mom!

Alex was a very strict father with calories and sweet things to our Felix, as he was a gym rat himself he couldn't stand watching that sweet tooth of our child take over him. He was strictly aware of when he should eat, what time, and what exactly he was allowed to eat.

Maids have eyes on him, my mother, Alex's mother, and even Alex's father let me just say the whole family...besides me.

He was just a baby, and I hated to see him cry out for an ice cream middle of a season of heat, summer and spring were his nightmares, he craved ice creams and cold sodas, and winter? It was his enemy, he loved to have pies and hot chocolate, and seeing him cry and beg always hurt me. I couldn't stay put with Alex's rules.

And maybe that's why Felix has always enjoyed spending more time with me than his dad.
At least I was the favorite parent.
So I don't care.

"Mommy wait!" He paced his steps and I couldn't keep up with my slow ones. "Mommy I'm sorry!" He ran after me. I was running as fast as possible and it made air get tighter and tighter in my lungs not trying to laugh at him was a hard decision to make. Gosh, I was almost dying.

"Viviana!" I heard Alex shout after us both. "I swear to god I am going to kill you!" My smile dropped seeing him run after us. Later on, my smile appeared again to Felix's loud giggles and the loud whines Alex left behind us.

We were a happy family.

Felix was a name both of us couldn't imagine calling our child. Well, Alex didn't, but I sort of had the feeling of mixing our names and allowing our child to have a piece of both of us.
Viviana and Alex. Vi+lex= Felix.

And I was happy with the results!

"You won't dare!" I yelled back. "You love me!" I kept on running and running, laughs and whines were all around me, but all of sudden my foot bumped into a rock and tripped down on the grass. Damnit. I was winning...