28

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Yes? With or without cheese?" I asked as I noted down the next order on my notes.

"Without would be great!" He smiled and pulled out his card. "How much?" He asked.

"That'll be 8, 95, sir.." he nods and hands his card over. I was exhausted and smiling at customers was a problem with my red eyes and dry lips. I haven't fallen asleep since last Thursday. It's all because of Alex..."Your order is coming right away! Please have a seat!" I flashed him a smile.

It was a man maybe in his twenties, pretty handsome I guess. He was tall and with extremely attractive eyes, very green and smooth hair with a sharp jawline. Well, it was pointless to find anyone attractive at this point.

It was pointless to think about anyone these days. Everyone lies.

Joe was the first guy who promised to protect me, to love me with all his heart.

Clark, the perfect boyfriend who promised to close the door behind my past and start a new life with me, and right when a misunderstanding moment came up he left faster than a sight of the light itself.

Or Alex, how funny that we were nothing from the start and now we're suddenly 'have to' be something. The guy who would beg for a pussy, that's what he was and he knew the fact about himself so much that he has to lie about his feelings to earn what he wants.

"You have gorgeous eyes by the way.." he spoke again and made sure to point at my amber eyes, before leaving. I might have wanted to thank him but speaking of the devil. The same grey eyes met my amber ones. The same darkened lusted eyes met my angry ones. Well, who else could it be? Alex Lennox.

I think I've said his name more than I've known my own. not so sure for how long I'm supposed to keep saying that.

"Can we talk?" His elbows leaned over the counter I was behind. He was close and if he moved a little more he could discover my lips quickly. I didn't like that, if one of my coworkers snitches on me to my manager and for more spice adding salt and pepper to their story, holy fuck. 'yeah she almost kissed him, I can't believe she did that in front of everyone, ma'am. And I've told her!' I don't want to deal with that.

"Please let's talk." Now that was way off-limits from a man called Alex Lennox. Begging?

And Alex?

"What would you like to drink?" My eyes gazed off through his flesh as I wrote down his name on a cup. He shouldn't talk, I don't want to hear his voice ever again. I was a nice person trying to serve him with a coffee just to keep myself in a good condition instead of kicking him out in front of everyone. I had nothing against him being here anyway.

I was against him in general.

"Viviana-" I shook my head and that was enough to cut his words off.

"What do you want to drink." I made myself clear and looked right through him. His pleading eyes softened. Now that was no act of Alex.

"One Americano..." He sighed and backed off. That's how customers should talk to workers. In distance, with respect. And not begging for sex.

I knew how harsh I was on Alex and pushing him out of my house, but how could I not be? The same man who used to fuck me against the nearest wall, on the bed till it almost breaks, in the shower till I hold onto him for my dear life just not to fall, and the man who named me as his slut, as his whore. Is the same man who wants my attention and love? How can I not?