18

"You owe me a coffee."
I threw off my phone and hid my face in the pillows. Should I unsend that? Was that too rude? Why am I even red? That's exactly what he told me to do once 'I forgive him'.

Ting.

It can't be him. My text just got delivered.

"Oh shit."
"You finally texted me"
"Are you busy? I can pick you up right now?"
"No. Actually whenever you want"
"If you're not feeling like it? Another time?"
"Tomorrow? The after?"

I gulped reading his messages. He was a rushy person, I hated rush, but in some way, I really enjoyed the rush and panic he showed. It was cute and I liked the way he was trying everything to match my opinion.

"Today's weather looks awesome"
"You can just send me the address and time and I'll be there."

~

I looked around me with worry. I was afraid that it was just a prank, however, because I wasn't down for a person playing with me as a truth or dare game, neither wanted to be a bet his friends chose for him.

"Viviana!" My head turned to the other side and warmth started to run over my body, for a tiny second my blood froze, and was just about to reject giving a chance to a guy again.

But he was here. And on time. With a smile too.

My cheeks were flushed red and suddenly I felt nervous approaching him. He immediately stood up and pulled me into his arms. Was that supposed to happen? Was that normal? I was shaken and afraid that he was able to feel my heart through.

"Hey... sorry." He lets me go after every inch of me has turned red. "I'm really happy to see you." A small smile stretched across his lips, it told me he was as nervous as much as I was and honestly, this wasn't me at all. I've lived my life running after the only guy who ruined me and trying now to find myself someone who's kind and loving. That felt different and strange.

"So!-" he tried breaking the awkwardness but sadly the waitress had already done something about that. "Just a regular coffee." He spoke before she could even welcome us and ask.

"Okay...and for you, miss?" I pressed my lips tightly together. I haven't drunk coffee since the last time it affected me. Maybe five months ago or even more? But as I've got used to living without any caffeine, I've decided to stay out of it too. It was for the best anyway.

"Apple juice would be great!" I smiled at her before she headed off. Awkwardness came back, which it shouldn't. I'm sure Clark was a great and sweet-hearted guy. This shouldn't happen.
"How's your work?" I asked with a smile.

"Oh.." a chuckle broke the nerves I had. It was sweet and warm just like the hug he gave me earlier. "It was good, I would've appreciated it more if you had come again..." my heart jumped. "But anyway, how was your job? And what do you exactly do? Is it fun? Do you like it?"

Clark was a guy who was always excited to know anything. He asks a lot, he tries to talk a lot and nothing stops him from that. To me, I liked it, he was way different than Joe, and even Alex. Both of them were always quiet and looking at them they looked empty.