HONEYMOON & WORK

On the day after the engagement ceremony, Tao Mu woke up with a splitting headache in the sun-drenched bed. Tao Mu squinted his eyes, and subconsciously stretched his arms to the side——the other side of the bed was empty but still with a residual warmth.

The sound of sizzling fried eggs accompanied by the aroma of hot milk slipped in through the crack of the door. Tao Mu took a deep breath, got up from the bed, took a shower first, and then walked into the kitchen trailing the fresh scent of shower gel.

In the warm and bright sunshine that flowed in through the windows, Li Xiaoheng, wearing home clothes and an apron, was standing in front of the island, mixing fruit salad. Seeing Tao Mu come in, he plucked a cherry tomato and brought it to Tao Mu's lips. Tao Mu accepted Li Xiaoheng's feeding with half-lidded eyes, and teased with a smile: "Is our CEO Li such a virtuous wife?"

Li Xiaoheng chuckled lightly when he heard the words, leaned forward and kissed Tao Mu's cheek lightly, and said with a smile, "Happy wedding."

Tao Mu was taken aback for a moment, then corrected with a smile, "It's "happy engagement"."

"It's all the same." Li Xiaoheng said, and handed the freshly fried heart-shaped poached egg to his little fiance, while he brought the glasses of hot milk, sandwiches and fruit salad to the dining room.

After breakfast, an assistant came to the door and brought over the gift money received at the engagement ceremony and the list of various gifts. Li Xiaoheng keenly noticed the names of Shen Chen, Yao Wenxiao, Yan Sheng and others on it. These people were not invited to Tao Mu's engagement ceremony, but these people still mailed gifts to the venue on the engagement day. The staff responsible for signing for the gifts didn't know the relationship between Tao Mu and these people, so they accepted the things unknowingly. When sorting out the gift list afterwards, they simply wrote the names on it.

Tao Mu was silent for a moment. Clearly they were people who he had been entangled with for several lifetimes, and he used to have such strong and deep emotions and couldn't let go, but now when he saw the names of these people, he didn't even have the slightest emotion.

Too lazy to waste it!

Li Xiaoheng saw that Tao Mu had little interest, so he changed the subject. After breakfast, the two returned to their respective companies to hand over work.

After the engagement ceremony, Tao Mu and Li Xiaoheng both took a long vacation for themselves and prepared for their honeymoon trip. Since the filming of the movie "Soldier Elite: Unsheathed Knife", Tao Mu had not accepted any new scripts. He also entrusted FlyNews.com and his other companies to Xiao Qi Dad with full authority. All kinds of online and offline conscription campaign promotion in conjunction with the launch of the TV series "Soldier Elite" had also been prepared long ago, and could just be carried out step by step. So Tao Mu's schedule was easily freed. In contrast, it was more difficult for Li Xiaoheng to move his schedule. After all, the nature of Xiaoheng Capital was not the same as that of FlyNews. The financial market was changing rapidly and as the company's most authoritative chief trader, Li Xiaoheng must always be in charge of the overall situation.

Fortunately, Li Xiaoheng's work relied heavily on the Internet, so there was not much restriction on the working space. Therefore, even if Li Xiaoheng and Tao Mu have planned a three-month global trip, as long as there was a laptop and Internet connection, Li Xiaoheng could do both work and honeymoon without delaying the other. Besides, the other analysts and traders of Xiaoheng Capital were also the world's top high-end elites. With everyone cooperating with each other, they could be considerate of their boss who had been an eternal bachelor, finally settling down with a life-long partner.

In fact, Tao Mu was more interested in the famous mountains and rivers in China than traveling abroad. However, due to Tao Mu's high popularity in China, it was easy to cause congestion once he appeared in scenic spots and tourist attractions, so in exasperation, they could only travel abroad.