I AM WILLING

After returning to Beijing, Li Xiaoheng personally oversaw the arrangement of Tan Yu to a private nursing home funded and established by Fengxing Group. As a mentally ill patient with serious suicidal tendencies, Tan Yu was placed in a single ward in the intensive care area as he should be. The entire ward was pure white, and in order to prevent patients from self-harm, the four walls, including the ceiling and floor, were covered with soft padding. Tan Yu, who was wearing a straitjacket, was tied up on the hospital bed with a gag ball in his mouth.

In order to ensure everything went as planned, the medical staff who look after Tan Yu were all confidantes personally arranged by Li Xiaoheng. Everyday they would keep watch on Tan Yu without ever slacking off. Worrying that the ward would be too monotonous, and Tan Yu would feel bored, Li Xiaoheng personally directed the engineering team to replace the high ceiling with an LCD TV of the same size. Tao Mu-related news would be broadcast 24 hours a day. Including the TV dramas and films Tao Mu participated in, the award ceremonies and various public events he attended. Li Xiaoheng wanted to make sure that for the rest of Tan Yu's life, he would be able to see with his own eyes how Tao Mu was so glamorous and so well-received, and how he lived his life cherished in the hands of all his family, friends and lover.

"You should be lucky, our Mr. Tao is not a man who can be ruthless after all." While Tao Mu was in the bathroom, Li Xiaoheng walked to the hospital bed and looked down his nose condescendingly at Tan Yu, who even though was tied up on the hospital bed he was still struggling, and said coldly: "If I followed my original intention, you would have a catheter inserted and fed using nasal feeding. It also prevents you from taking the opportunity to stir up any trouble. Everyone was in trouble. It's a pity that our Mr. Tao disagreed."

Li Xiaoheng hooked up the corners of his mouth, but the smile did not reach his eyes, and he said in a cold and threatening tone: "Although in my opinion, what you have done makes you no longer have the right to be called a human being, but our Mr. Tao still wants to treat you as a human being. So you better be smart."

Li Xiaoheng bent down slightly, staring straight into Tan Yu's eyes with his own dark ones, and threatened in a gentle tone: "If you misbehave just once, you will be a sober vegetable for the rest of this life."

Tan Yu's pupils instantly dilated, his eyes widening in shock, the whites covered with bloodshot veins. Struggling with all his strength, he made a muffled sound from his mouth gagged by the gag ball, looking extremely insane and terrifying.

Seeing this, the medical staff immediately brought over a tranquilizer. Li Xiaoheng waved his hand: "I need him to spend every day soberly. From now on, if it is not necessary, try to use tranquilizers as little as possible."

Li Xiaoheng raised his head and glanced at the ceiling: "It's too quiet. Let's play some videos."

The pitch-black screen suddenly lit up, and a burst of passionate music sounded in the quiet ward. A clip of Tao Mu wearing a black suit and standing on the stage of the Lingxiao Awards Ceremony to deliver his acceptance speech appeared on the big screen.

Li Xiaoheng enjoyed admiring Mr. Tao's golden age beauty for a while, and said with great emotion: "This was the first award our Mr. Tao had won. Like you, it was the Best Newcomer Award. Although the atmosphere of winning the award was very different between the two of you. One attracted a lot of attention, and the other was shunned. But forcibly making such a comparison is a bit insulting to Mr. Tao. But fortunately, this is the only time. After all, your life is over now. But Mr. Tao's new life has just begun. This Best Newcomer Award was the first trophy that Mr. Tao had won, but it is definitely not the last trophy that Mr. Tao will receive."

Li Xiaoheng didn't talk much. But if necessary, Li Xiaoheng could still be quite loquacious. Just like at this moment, Li Xiaoheng knew the thorn in Tan Yu's heart——he was such a cowardly person and afraid of death, yet he was able to risk sacrificing his life, even if he had to give up his seven emotions and six desires, he still wanted to keep his greed and continue reincarnation. Wasn't all of this just because he wanted to replace Tao Mu as Shen Yu, and trample Tao Mu underfoot? Therefore, Li Xiaoheng deliberately released the video of Tao Mu winning the award, needling Tan Yu with words, in order to provoke Tan Yu's unwillingness and anger to the greatest extent. He wanted Tan Yu to keep this emotion forever, let Tan Yu experience the suffering that Tao Mu experienced for so many lifetimes as one who could never get what he wanted yet couldn't let go, and let Tan Yu live in Tao Mu's shadow for the rest of his life.