HOSPITAL VISIT

After finishing discussing business, old Mr. Luo pulled Tao Mu into a leisurely chat again. He also handed Tao Mu the apple that Luo Xi had peeled for him, and complained unhappily, "Making me eat apples every day. I hate eating fruit the most, it's so disgustingly sweet, what's so good about it? I said I want to eat braised pork, but no one will make it for me."

When old Mr. Luo said this, he glared at Luo Xi and old Mrs. Luo, and snorted heavily.

"This is what the doctor said. Let you eat more apples, bananas, blueberries, melons and cherries. They say it's good for your health. You just listen to the doctor." Old Mrs. Luo looked helplessly at her husband who only became more childish the older he got. She said to Tao Mu, "Xiao Tao, there are bananas and melons here, you can pick whatever you like."

"Thank you, auntie." Tao Mu thanked her with a smile. He picked up the apple and began eating it. This close attitude made old Mr. Luo more and more satisfied.

"That's how it should be." Old Mr. Luo said with a smile: "Young people should have this kind of vigor. Unlike some people who have lived together with you for so many years, yet their every move is still so restrained, not daring to stand or sit. Give him a fruit and he keeps holding it in his hand and doesn't dare to eat it. Trembling like a little wife, as if someone would eat him up. Truly makes me feel uncomfortable."

Luo Xi's face turned red. Old Mrs. Luo hurriedly said: "What are you blabbering about in front of Xiao Tao?"

Old Mr. Luo didn't say anything anymore. Glancing at the time, he asked Luo Xi to turn on the TV. A replay of "The Great Wall of Flesh and Blood" was being broadcast on the national channel, which happened to be the scene of Su Dingbang, played by Tao Mu, playing the piano at the reception.

In the Su Mansion, a young man wearing a three-piece white suit sat in front of the piano and played gracefully, the melodious sound of the piano flowing from his slender fingertips. Because of the transition between panorama, medium shot, and close-up, the audience in front of the TV could clearly see that Tao Mu himself played this part rather than just posing and using post-editing.

"You know how to play the piano too?" Old Mr. Luo said with a smile: "You act really well. When you appear on the screen, your every move, the emphasis you put on your words, really has the feeling of a student who had studied abroad during the Republic of China. Who did you learn it from?"

Tao Mu said with a smile, "I used to work in a piano shop. Not only does that piano shop sell pianos, it also teaches children how to play the piano. The teacher saw my good looks and would often teach me when not busy. As for the image of an international student in the Republic of China, I asked Beijing Film's teacher to help introduce me to an old gentleman who had the experience of studying abroad in that era, and learned from him for a few days."

"Sure enough." When old Mr. Luo heard this, he suddenly sighed: "If my unworthy son had half of your smarts and hard work you put in, I would burn high incense."

Old Mr. Luo prioritized sons over daughters, which could be seen in his words and deeds normally. Old Mr. Luo really wanted to train his only son to be the next successor of the Luo Group. Therefore, from childhood to adulthood, Luo Yang was trained according to the most elite model, and the level of painstaking effort was comparable to that of Li Xiaoheng being trained by the Li family. It was a pity that the son did not resemble the father, old Mr. Luo really hoped that Luo Yang could become a pillar of society, and Luo Yang really didn't want to live up to his expectations. After going abroad, all he did was eat, drink, gamble and engage in other vices. The only thing he did not do was to learn what he should learn.

Now he even learned to get into fisticuffs over another man, and most importantly, he even got his leg broken for it. Whenever old Mr. Luo thought about this, he felt too angry to even breathe.