CELEBRATION PARTY

The celebration banquet of "Black and White" was scheduled for the first Sunday in March. In addition to inviting SARFT and the main creative staff of the crew, Tao Mu also invited "The Great Wall of Flesh and Blood" and "Soldier Elite" screenwriter team who were plot consultants for the mainland remake of "Black and White". Other than this, no media or industry guests were invited.

This made the media and artists who have been watching Tao Mu's actions feel very disappointed. Those entertainment media were a little better, they just felt that it was a pity they could not write a report that could attract the audience. As for the stars who wanted to take this opportunity to befriend Tao Mu, they were quite disappointed. However, everyone could understand Tao Mu carefully arranging the party to let his own people have a better time.

The celebration party was arranged in the restaurant on the top floor of Beijing Hotel. When eating, there was no lack of raising a glass to speak. The Hong Kong production team felt a bit embarrassed here. Especially after seeing the meaningful smiles of the SARFT leaders present. Many people seem to be able to hear the sharp sound of the face being "slapped". Director Xu Musen, who had been the most vehement opposition even in front of the media reporters, who had ridiculed the SARFT leaders for being ineffective, coughed constantly in embarrassment. He even bowed his head for once when toasting.

".....This time the success of the remake of "Black and White" in the mainland is absolutely inseparable from the careful guidance of the leaders of SARFT. It was I who didn't understand the rules of your domestic film market, and I accidentally offended quite a lot of people. I must ask the several leaders here to forgive——"

Before the words were finished, Zhou Yanqing and Yan Sheng, who were more attentive and sensitive, frowned at the same time. Sure enough, just as Xu Musen raised his glass to drink, he was interrupted by the leaders of SARFT: "Director Xu's remarks are inappropriate. It has been many years since Hong Kong returned, whether domestic or foreign, everyone here is family. So don't speak the words of two different families."

The leaders of SARFT were actually quite annoyed by these Hong Kong filmmakers and could not help lightly rebuking. When they had works to be released and wanted to come to the mainland to make money, everyone was from China. But once they make enough money they always say things like, your country, or your circle have too low quality and are not worthy of comparison with us.....the switching back and forth between these two faces could not be more smooth.

Director Xu made an unintentional gaft and was deliberately pointed out by the SARFT leader, and his face became a little hot. He immediately smiled and said, "Yes, yes, it was my slip of the tongue. Everyone here is from China, and we are all descendants of of the Fiery Emperor and Yellow Emperor (TN: Han Chinese people)."

The leaders of SARFT smiled slightly and did not speak.

The atmosphere suddenly became even more awkward. All the Hong Kong people looked at each other, and they could pick up on the aggressiveness of the SARFT leaders. In the entire main table there was only one female star, Fang Ruoti. When she usually attended dinner parties and social gatherings, she was used to being a social butterfly character to set off the atmosphere. But it was the first time for Fang Ruoti to have dinner with the leaders of mainland's SARFT. She was also afraid that she could not understand the taboos of the SARFT leaders, and accidentally offend the leaders with a wrong word. So she hesitated, wanting to stand up for Director Xu, but didn't know what to say.

Zhou Yanqing and Yan Sheng hurriedly poured wine, their popularity and influence in the circle was enough, but it was not good to make amends for Director Xu in his place. They could only smile and help Director Xu explain. But the atmosphere at the dinner table was still a bit stuffy.