DON'T SEEK THE PAST

As Li Xiaoheng expected, with Tao Mu and Shen Yu unconscious, all the chess pieces in the game fell into a long dream one after another. But different from the full version experienced by Tao Mu, these people only dreamt about people and things related to the plot. But even so, these bits and pieces were enough to make them sick enough to throw up their lunch. Especially after seeing the comparison between the real Shen Er and the terrible fake that was Shen Yu in their memory.

A fake was a fake, even though Shen Yu imitated Shen Er in everything and tried his best to create the illusion of a phoenix. But Shen Yu was not Shen Er after all. He didn't have Shen Er's heart of innocence, nor did he possess Shen Er's sincerity, care and consideration when interacting with others, nor Shen Er's innate brilliance and compassion. He was just a cuckoo occupying the nest, clinging to the stolen identity and status that didn't belong to him, but looked upon all of these as his innate halo. And then with these false halos he stood high above, maintaining his equally false pity and hypocrisy.

But stripped of all this, the real Shen Yu——no, he wasn't even Shen Yu. His existence only tarnished the name that meant to be endowed with all the fine beauty of nature. Strip the name, and he was nothing but a pathetic and hateful clown. He thought that by wearing the crown and appearing on the raised dais, he could become a king. It was a pity that in the eyes of everyone who had recovered their memories, all this was just a poor imitation show one after another. Under the contrast between reality and illusion, it only appeared even more ugly.

However, it was such a hideous caricature of a thing, which made people feel disdainful to even take a second look, that played all of them in the palm of his hand. And what did they do wrong? In order to satisfy this person's greed and delusion, they fell into reincarnation life after life, and even dying could not bring peace.

"A person like you could actually live so many lives under Shen Er's name." Yao Wenxiao, who had to send Shen Yu to the hospital because Shen Yu suddenly fell into a coma in his office, was so disgusted that he looked like he had swallowed a live caterpillar. His face turned green, and when he thought that he had been bewitched by this thing of a person for so many lives, he had the urge to hit the wall and kill himself.

"How disgusting!" Yao Wenxiao glared at Shen Yu, who just woke up from the hospital bed, with disgust on his face: "How could there be such a disgusting person like you in this world."

Yao Wenxiao's gaze as if he was looking at a puddle of mud instantly stimulated Shen Yu. Shen Yu, who was already emotionally unstable, immediately yelled loudly: "Don't look at me like that. Don't look at me like that. I'm Shen Yu, I'm Shen Yu! I'm your favorite Shen Yu! How can you treat me like this!"

The deranged shrieks attracted the doctors and nurses who were making rounds. The medical staff who didn't know the whole story looked at Yao Wenxiao with disapproval on their faces and walked to the bed to comfort the patient. However, Shen Yu's struggle was so intense that he even accidentally scratched a nurse. The medical staff had no choice but to control the person in a hurry and try their best to appease the patient's emotions.

Yao Wenxiao took two steps back with a sneer, and looked at Shen Yu's crazy display with cold eyes. Suspicious over whether this person was pretending or if he had really gone crazy.

"What happened?"

Yao Wenxiao turned his head and saw Shen Chen showing up at the door of the ward with the Shen family's mother and daughter. He immediately sneered: "Don't you know how to see for yourself? He's pretending to be crazy!"

Yao Wenxiao paused, unable to calm his emotions. He couldn't help but ridicule: "But your Shen family is truly interesting. You actually treated such a nauseating thing like a treasure, holding it in your palm for so many lifetimes, but rejecting the real phoenix."