ENGAGEMENT CEREMONY PART

Because it was an engagement ceremony, the whole process was much simpler than a wedding. After the two grooms came to the stage, the master of ceremonies invited the elders of both sides to come on stage, briefly introduced the two grooms, and then it was time for the elders of both sides to speak.

As the head of the Li family, even though he had retired now, Grandpa Li still stood up without hesitation. He spent nearly ten minutes expressing to all the guests the excitement of the Li family members that Li Xiaoheng was finally able to marry himself off before the age of 30, and his satisfaction with Tao Mu, his new grandson-in-law. Finally, he blessed the newly engaged couple to grow old together and cross a river in the same boat (TN: idiom meaning to share common interests and help each other towards common goals). And as elders they would try their best to be the strongest backing for the two.

Since it was Grandpa Li who spoke on behalf of the Li family, the spokesperson for the Tao family was naturally old Mr. Song. Compared with the blood relationship of the Li family, although Tao Mu's family members were not related by blood, their relationship with each other was equally deep. Especially for old Mr. Song, who had experienced family ruin and death, the existence of Tao Mu was equivalent to making up for the vacancy of old Mr. Song's son who had died early. Now watching Tao Mu grow up and start a family of his own, it was as if old Mr. Song saw his son grow up and start a family in another time and space, and was very emotional for a while. Finally, of course, he wished the newly engaged couple a happy union for a hundred years.

The next step was the soup drinking. During the traditional wedding ceremony, the newlyweds would drink a formal exchange of cups of wine, but now it was an engagement ceremony, so they replaced this link with the newly engaged couple drinking the "century-old happiness soup" together——in fact, according to the ancestral traditions of the Song family, this bowl of soup should be made by the descendants of the Song family, and personally fed to their newlywed wife. But Li Xiaoheng was not a girl after all and marriage was the union of two families. Old Mr. Song also didn't want to embarrass the Li family by adhering to the Song family ancestor's precepts so rigidly.

So this link became the newly engaged couple drinking the soup together in front of all the guests at the banquet. It must be said that Tao Mu's craftsmanship was really good, and the ingredients of the "century-old happiness soup" were really fresh. The effect of beautifying and nourishing the skin was even more immediate——after the l newly engaged couple who hadn't slept all night drank the bowl of soup, their complexions suddenly became rosy, their eyes clear and bright, and even their skin seemed to be more radiant.

For a while, the atmosphere in the audience became more and more excited. Represented by the juniors of the Li family, many young people whistled and clapped. There were also people asking loudly below whether the soup was good or not.

Li Xiaoheng put down the soup bowl very calmly, and responded in a calm manner: "It's delicious."

Instantly——

The sound of screaming and clapping in the audience became louder and more lively. No one thought that Li Xiaoheng, who was always serious and dull, could be such a good sport and actually responded to everyone's jokes.

Some guests recorded this scene with their mobile phones, and unable to restrain their eager fingers, they directly uploaded the short video to FlyNews. The Ceramics who had been waiting for the news on the Internet instantly exploded. After watching the short twenty second video, they squealed, liked and shared it, and within half an hour, the related video became a trending search.

Unaware of the uproar on the Internet, the engagement ceremony had already reached the stage where Tao Mu would be singing for Li Xiaoheng. In the Chinese-style ceremony with antique decorations, playing and singing on a piano was actually quite out of place. But this kind of thing was actually not important, what was important was the hearts of the two people involved——Tao Mu himself wrote the lyrics and composed the song for Li Xiaoheng. With the two playing on the piano together at the engagement ceremony, it represented a perfect and harmonious union.