TO REQUEST LEAVE & TO MAKE A HOUSE VISIT

The atmosphere instantly turned awkward.

Tao Mu turned to look at Li Xiaoheng. Li Xiaoheng was looking at him with an expression that spoke "I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm just asking casually". The crystal chandelier exuded warm yellow light from overhead, reflecting a stream of light on Li Xiaoheng's gold-rimmed glasses. Even so, why was Tao Mu still able to see that Li Xiaoheng's eyes behind the lenses exuded a "melancholic" glow?

Why use the word "melancholic"?

Tao Mu blinked and decided that it was because Li Xiaoheng's gaze was too penetrating! It was already able to pass through the lens directly to the depths of his cerebral cortex.

Tao Mu swallowed his saliva, his mind running fast, and he answered cautiously: "I think, on the question of the female red carpet companion.....I can actually walk the red carpet with the director and the rest of the production team."

In a flash, Tao Mu felt that his answer was just absolutely perfect. He was almost brought to tears by his own cleverness.

However, Mr. Li was not satisfied!

But Mr. Li won't say so!

CEO Li just continued to look at Tao Mu with a melancholic expression, and suggested with a smile: "Our Li family will order customized suits and evening dresses from our exclusive clothing designer every season. If you haven't decided what to wear on the red carpet, how about I recommend the Li family's clothing designer to you?"

Tao Mu actually didn't want to go through this much trouble. In fact, since the news that he was nominated for the Lingxiao Award for Best Newcomer spread, many international luxury menswear brands came knocking at his door of their own accord and wanted to sponsor Tao Mu's red carpet look. It had to be said that the popularity of "Fashion Storm" breaking the ratings record one after another had also allowed the domestic fashion industry to recognize Tao Mu's fashion talent. Therefore, this time, the major brands competing for Tao Mu's red carpet look also wanted to expand the publicity of their own brand through Tao Mu himself.

So Tao Mu's original plan was to choose an outfit from these brands' catwalk styles, and just wear it on the red carpet and that was it.

But their boss Li didn't seem to think so.

Seeing Li Xiaoheng's overly calm expression, Tao Mu swallowed his refusal because of his strong desire to survive. After pondering for a moment, Tao Mu attempted to ask: "The Lingxiao Award ceremony is less than a month away. Wouldn't it be too tight on schedule to order a suit in such a short period of time?"

"Not at all." Li Xiaoheng answered immediately, correcting Tao Mu's statement: "There is still nearly a month. The red carpet outfits of male stars are different from those of female stars. Even if they are carefully customized, they will not be as complex as the female stars' evening dresses. So we have plenty of time to communicate with the designer. You can rest assured that although this designer is not an internationally renowned fashion designer, his craftsmanship is actually no worse than those international masters. And this designer is an old and well-known name from Shanghai, and is known to focus on the body and physique of Asians in the process of tailoring. So the suits he makes will be more fitting for Asians."

Tao Mu looked at Li Xiaoheng eagerly pushing his sales pitch, and couldn't help but chuckle: "If that's the case, then I will have to trouble you."

"It's not troublesome at all." Li Xiaoheng pondered for a moment, and continued to probe tactfully: "Customized suits need to be measured. Should I ask the designer to wait for us at the Li family home, or have someone come to you directly?"

Before Tao Mu could speak, Li Xiaoheng said casually, "New Year's Day is still two months away, and it just so happens that my parents also wanted to order two sets of evening outfits to attend various charity galas and the company's annual meeting. If you don't mind, you can come directly to our house and get measured together."