Caleo-Kitchen Problems

Leo POV
I swear to the gods she wasn't looking when it happened!

And all I did was steal some cookie dough.

After the whole fiasco with me exploding blah blah blah, finding Calypso's island and such, we flew to Texas and started a little business. 'Callie and Leo's Homemade Goods and Repairs.'

Calypso makes food and things like that. Her cookies are really yummy! Almost better than Percy's mom's!

Obviously, I'm the Repair Boy. Always have been, always will be.

"LEO VALDEZ!" Calypso roared, chasing me through the food section of the store.

"What'd you do this time, Leo?" Called one of our regulars.

"Would you believe me if I said nothing, Danielle?" I called back. She laughed.

"Nope!"

A knife flew past my ear.

"SCHIST, CALLIE! What's with the knives!" I screeched in terror.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK?!" She shrieked back.

"IS IT REALLY THAT IMPORTANT TO YOU THAT YOU NEED TO IMPALE YOUR FIANCÉ?!"

"YES!" I glanced over my shoulder to see how close she was. The ring on her hand glinted as she pulled back her arm to throw another kitchen knife. It sailed past my nose and hit a shelf, impaling a bag of Doritos.

"WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL TO THE DORITOS?!" The girl at the counter shouted dramatically.

"Don't worry, Becky, I'll buy the bag for you later!" I shouted.

Another regular was coming through the door. I hid behind her.

"Save me, Gabi!" She considered me for a moment, then smirked.

"Nah."

"GET OVER HERE, REPAIR BOY!"

"Um, how about no!" I shouted, resuming my haphazard dash, looking for safety.

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" A knife slammed into the door, inches from the handle and my fingers as I reached to open it.

Before I could do more than yelp, Calypso had me pinned against the wall with yet another knife at my throat. It looked like we had freaked some new customers out, but the regulars just laughed and went back to their shopping.

One of my assistants in the garage came through the door right next to me. He took in the scene, his brown eyes scanning the store quickly and flicking from one knife to another. He shook his head and turned right back around, headed for the garage again.

"Max, save me!" I pleaded.

"Heck no. Angry Callie is worse than you on a sugar rush." Before I could threaten him with demotion, he disappeared as the door swung shut behind him.

"Leo. Freaking. Valdez. What did I tell you?!" Calypso snarled.

"About?" I asked sweetly, playing innocent.

"Don't use that tone with me, GreaseHead! What did I tell you?!"

I swallowed carefully, not wanting to be that guy in the movie who starts bleeding from swallowing too hard when he's got a sharp object at his throat.

"Well, Sunshine-"

"DO NOT CALL ME THAT!"

"You let me call you that all the time!"

"I'm angry with you right now, Valdez. I might just make you sleep out in the garage tonight." Several regulars laughed.

"Aw, you never pull through with that though!" Called a man from the corner.

"Let them be, Jeremiah, we know how it's going to end." His friend pointed out.

"True, Brandon."

"20 BUCKS SAYS SHE FORGIVES HIM!" Doug screamed from by the candies where he was watching over the shelves. Standing next to him, Nathan grinned.

"You're on!"

"So, Callie, um, wanna let me go now?" I asked cautiously.

"Tell me what I said." She demanded.

I sighed. "Don't eat the cookie dough because it's expensive and time consuming to make."

"Exactly."

"Sorry, Sunshine."

She kissed my cheek, putting the knife down.

"I forgive you."

Nathan groaned loudly and forked Doug a twenty.

Calypso and I walked back into the staff area, retrieving her knives.

"Kitchen knives, Sunshine? Really?" I teased.

She shrugged. "Gets the job done, works as a weapon, and they're always around me. Women live longer because they work where the sharp stuff is, Valdez."

I chuckled nervously. "Love you Calypso."

She just smirked back.