Frazel-By Day One Way, By Night Another

Frank shook himself awake, realizing he was falling asleep standing in line.

"Next!" The lady at the counter called.

Frank stepped up and scanned the options to jog his memory.

"I will have a Venti Flaming Zebra with cherry flavor instead of raspberry, two shots of espresso, extra whipped cream, iced, with a blueberry muffin and a slice of lemon pound cake."

The girl, only a few years younger than him from the look of it, smiled, her seemingly multicolored eyes twinkling brightly. "Pretty specific order. That'll be nine ninety. Your name?" She poised a permanent marker over the side of the plastic cup his drink would go in.

Frank opened his wallet and pulled out the cash, then began to count the coins out. "I always know what I want. Coffee's my passion. Well, it's a little more of an obsession. Oh, I'm Frank."

The girl chuckled and accepted his money. "Have a good day, Frank, your coffee will be ready soon."

"Thank you," Frank glanced at her name tag. "Piper. You have a good day too." Leaving the counter, he chose a table where he could sit with his back to the wall and pulled his laptop from his bag.

Booting up the computer, he opened the file labeled 'Engagement Rings' and began to read again.

A thief had been running rampant in the suburbs, stealing engagement rings. Trying to find a connection other than the engagement rings and to figure out how the thief could figure out they were engaged, since each ring was stolen the night after the proposal, Frank had talked to the girls whose rings had been stolen.

The connection? They'd gotten engaged at this coffee shop. Wasn't surprising, it did have a jewelry store next door and it was called 'Aphrodite's Brew.' The shop actually held the city record for most proposals to happen in a single place. One wall was covered in photos of proposals that had happened in the shop.

"Frank?" A quiet voice called from the counter. "Venti Flaming Zebra, two shots espresso?"

"That's me." Frank got to his feet and accepted the coffee from the tiny girl behind the counter. She didn't look up at him, just turned to start on the next drink, but Frank saw dark skin and corkscrew curls the color of cinnamon. "Thank you."

She nodded without looking up and Frank returned to his seat, angling his body so he could see the entire store.

About twenty minutes later, a girl's excited shriek rang through the shop. Frank looked up to see a blonde standing with a man in front of her, on one knee and holding out a ring.

"Oh Percy, do you even need to ask?" She exclaimed, bending down and kissing him.

The tiny girl from behind the counter moved out into the open with a camera and snapped a photo of the happy couple.

"Would you like one mailed to you?" She asked.

"That would be great, thank you!" The blonde grabbed the pen the girl held out and scribbled an address on the back of the picture.

Frank raised an eyebrow and packed up, following the couple out of the shop.

"Excuse me!" He called. The two turned.

"Yes?"

"I'm Detective Zhang. You do know there has been a series of thefts of engagement rings of those who propose in that shop, correct?"

The girl laughed. "Oh, it's fine. Percy and I are going out of town later today, we won't be back for a few days."

"My point is you just gave out your address and the thief doesn't know that." Frank said seriously.

"Oh!" The girl said, understanding. "I can give you my address as well, if you can confirm your status with the police."

Frank pulled his badge and ID out and showed it to her.

"I'm Annabeth." The girl introduced herself as she pulled a small sketchbook out of her bag and jotted down her address and phone number. "There's a key is under the rock to the left of the back door if you need to get in. Good luck, Detective."

"Thank you. Have a wonderful day, you two." He smiled and walked off.

----------------------------

Frank stood outside the house at quarter to midnight, watching the flashlight that was moving from room to room. You couldn't see it from the street unless you stood in just the right place, and luckily he had that place.

He checked his appearance once more, making sure the design he had copied from his very helpful disguise designer, Silena, was good before walking up and knocking on the door.

After a few moments, a dark skinned woman with cinnamon colored hair pulled back into a tight bun on top of her head answered the door. "Yes?"

"Hey, I'm dog sitting across the street and I blew a fuse on accident. Whole house went dark. You got a flashlight I can use?"

The woman smiled, but he could tell it was strained. "Give me a moment."

"Hey, before you do, how come you're here?"

"What do you mean?" She frowned.

"Well, my bosses told me that you were gonna be out of town, Miss Annabeth."

She froze for half a second before slamming the door closed. Frank heard a lock click.

Sprinting around the house as quietly as he could, he plucked the key from under the rock and silently let himself in the back door. He could hear the woman riffling through things upstairs.

Footsteps pounded on the stairs and Frank quickly morphed into a dog after setting up a recording of him saying, "Fai, come." That was set on 15 seconds.

The girl screamed as he began to bark at her, blocking her way. She ran left and Frank cut her off.

"Fai, come."

He turned and trotted into the kitchen, turning to growl whenever the girl moved.

In the kitchen he re-transformed and pulled his gun.

"You!" She exclaimed.

"Interesting setup you've got." Frank commented. "Hands on your head."

Pulling his handcuffs from his pocket, he walked behind her and secured her wrists.

"You can use your phone call to tell your boss you won't be working at Aphrodite's tomorrow."