MyUniverse-Take Off The Dress

Dolly POV

"I literally hate this." I muttered.

"Well, they said they needed someone who could get in with the group easily. A 'free-wheeler' society attracts more girls, at least according to Mitchell's statistics." Lily pointed out as she helped me zip up the dress.

"But...I just...ugh. I mean, look at it!" I gestured down at myself.

The dress was flowery. It ended above my knees, which means normally I would absolutely refuse to wear it, but the guys said they need a 'free-wheeler' to infiltrate this group. The neckline was a sweetheart, which I also try to avoid. The petals of the roses were pink, a pale, useless color that made me want to gag.

And worst of all, it meant I had to wear heels.

"You look just fine."

"But I feel like a girl!"

Lily rolled her eyes. "You'll have to get used to it."

"Ugh." I tried to pull my hair into a braid, but she slapped my hand away and fluffed the curls out again. 

"Leave it. Now go show the guys." She said, turning me around and ushering me towards the door.

"You're not gonna force me into makeup?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nah. If the guys think it's needed I'll put it on, otherwise nope."

I nodded and scowled at my appearance one more time in the mirror before starting the trek downstairs.

"I'm coming down, guys!" I called at the top of the stairs.

"Well we're ready for you!" Mitchell called back.

I trudged down the stairs, picking up my shoulders and walking straight-backed when I reached the landing and turned.

The guys were waiting near the bottom of the stairs. Mitchell took one look at me and shook his head.

"Nope, no, go put the cargo pants back on."

"Is something wrong with the dress?" Lily asked, sounding insulted. She did pick the outfit after all.

"No, she just looks super uncomfortable and she's not going to be able to pull off as much if she's uncomfortable in her outfits."

"Thank you!" I cried, pulling the heels off right there.

"Painful, huh?" Damien grinned at me.

"How would you know?" Lily asked.

"He's done drag more than you'd expect." I commented.

"Of course he has." She sighed.

Damien winked at her.

"If Dolly isn't your 'free-wheeler,' then who will be?" Lily questioned Mitchell when I got back downstairs, my cargo pants and black tank top in their rightful places. I sat on the floor and began to weave my hair into it's normal braid.

"Well, which one of you wants to do it?" He turned to the other guys. 

Damien shrugged and looked at Justin and Marcus, who happened to be the two biggest boys in the group.

"I'm gonna do it." Marcus said calmly.

"You're gonna do it?" Lily questioned.

"Yes. And I'm gonna go full out. Drag Queen Marcus will be born today." We rolled our eyes at his antics.

"I'm not sure I have dresses that fit you..." Lily muttered. "Too many muscles."

He shrugged at her comment. "Not my fault I'm hefty."

Lily rolled her eyes and ushered him upstairs.

"Good luck, bro!" Damien called after him.

Marcus saluted just before he disappeared from sight.

"He's going drag?" Andy asked. I was actually rather surprised he'd spoken up, he was the quietest of the group. Except when he actually needed to do his job, of course.

"But I want the pink one!" Marcus' voice echoed from upstairs.

We laughed.

"I can't wait to see what he actually comes down in." Damien said, rubbing his hands together and grinning in anticipation.

A sudden beeping made us whirl.

"I'm on it!" Andy yelped, scrambling over to his workstation and swiping through information furiously, his fingers flying over the keyboard as he analyzed what was on each of his four screens.

"Can Marcus actually walk in heels?" Damien suddenly asked.

"Guess we'll find out soon." Mitchell said, without looking up from his iPad as he worked on whatever he was doing.

"I'm reeeeaaaaady!" Marcus trilled from upstairs.

"Just get going, Drama Queen." Lily's voice answered.

"Cameras up!" Damien grinned, digging his phone out of his pocket. I rolled my eyes.

Footsteps clunked on the stairs and a pair of rather hairy legs appeared. 

"Dude, if you're going to do this you need to shave those trees of yours." I said.

"Will do, just didn't have time, doll." Marcus had adopted the most feminine tone he could achieve. As he came fully into view, I bit my lip hard so I didn't laugh.

His dress was frilly, a bright pink color with blue daisies lining the hem. His strapped heels were the same light blue as the flowers and he was wearing a copious amount of makeup. A brown wig that matched his natural hair color cascaded curls down to the bottoms of his shoulder blades.

"I didn't have the time, but I'll paint his nails later and get him shaved up, et cetera." Lily leaned over the railing to look at us.

"Well, what'ch'all think?" Marcus asked sweetly.

We looked at each other, then burst out laughing.