PJO/HoO-What The Heck Is A Salad

Piper glared at Jason. "This better not be a joke."

Jason grinned and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. "It's not, I promise. The rest of the seven are going to go vegetarian for the day."

Kaleidoscopic eyes narrowed at the son of Jupiter. "Okay...what's the catch?"

Jason laughed at his girlfriend. "Nothing! I just don't want you to feel left out. It is your birthday after all! This is just the beginning."

Her face lit up in a radiant smile. "Thanks Jason. That's really sweet!"

"Hey, Piper! You wanna spar?" Lacey, a daughter of Aprodite called.

"Sure!" Jason breathed a sigh of relief as his girlfriend ran off. He hadn't actually convinced the seven to go with his plan.

"Hey Percy!" He grabbed the son of Poseidon's arm as he ran past. "Can you get the rest of the seven except for Piper? I need to talk to them."

Percy frowned but then remembered what day it was. "Sure thing, bro."

Twenty minutes later, the seven minus Piper plus Nico, Calypso and Reyna, who was at Camp Half Blood for the day, were gathered in the Zeus cabin. Thalia would be coming later and Jason would talk to her then.

"Okay, so for Piper's birthday, I want to go vegetarian." He started.

"Hey, it's your choice man. Why do you need to ask us?" Leo said with a grin.

"He means he wants us to do it too, Leo." Annabeth said, rolling her eyes.

"Wait, you want all of us to do it?" Leo frowned. "But what about bacon?!"

Calypso smacked her boyfriend over the head. "You can have your bacon tomorrow, Repair Boy."

"But Sunshine, it's bacon! Have you tasted it?!"

"I have, in fact. Not that good in my opinion."

"Calypso! Bacon!"

"Oh shut up, Leo. It's for Piper." Annabeth coaxed him.

"Well..." The son of Hephaestus hesitated. Piper was one of his best friends.

"C'mon, Leo, think of how happy she'll be." Jason looked at his friend pleadingly.

"Ugh, fine! Fine! I'll do it."

"I think the rest of us will too." Annabeth said, glancing around.

She received nods from all sides.

"You should talk the Aphrodite cabin into it too." Hazel said.

"Do you think that would happen?"

"With Annabeth's help I'd say yes. She's the most convincing." Reyna commented.

Jason looked at Annabeth.

"Sure, I'll help." The daughter of Athena said.

"Thank you guys so much!" An elated son of Jupiter pulled his friends into a group hug.

"Hey, don't soil the merchandise!" Leo grunted jokingly from the center of the pile of demigods.

"Leo, if you were merchandise, we'd find you at the dollar store." Percy joked.

"I still don't fully understand that concept." Hazel muttered as the group pulled apart.

"C'mon Sparky, let's go talk to Piper's cabin." Annabeth smiled.

----------------------------

"Why did we do this again?" Percy hissed from his position underneath the Posiedon table.

"Because Piper is our friend and so is Jason. If he wants help with her birthday, we're gonna help."

"Annabeth, we've got ten people to a table right now and we're all under them."

Her stormy grey eyes bored into his sea green ones as she glared at him. "It's for Piper."

"Here she comes!" Jason hissed from the doorway. He quickly scrambled under the Zeus table, earning an irritated kick from both Thalia and two of her hunters, who were crouched there as well. Percy was glad that the hunters had a little bit of respect for him, as there were four within striking distance right now.

"Ew, Leo farted!" Someone whisper-shrieked.

"I did not!"

"Shut up!" Lacey said over the small commotion. She had just enough charmspeak to make those involved in the small kicking match stop and be quiet.

"Jason? Jason where are you? Sparky..." Piper's voice floated into the pavilion. She became visible, frowning at the darkness of the area. Nico had worked hard to make it seem like there was just a cloud over the moon there. It actually looked very natural. Said son of Hades was waiting off at the side for Jason to give the signal so he could drop the shadows.

"Jason Grace if this is some stupid joke I'm going to run you through. I saw the others eating vegetarian at lunch but what the Hades is going on?"

Percy could see Chiron speaking with the cleaning harpies off near the Big House, giving the camp permission to be out of bed tonight.

"It's not a joke, Pipes. C'mere." Jason called.

"I can't see a thing." The daughter of Aphrodite protested.

Jason nodded to Nico. The shadows dropped and Piper gaped at the decorations all around the pavilion.

It was a good thing Jason had found Piper's list of things she'd need for the perfect birthday party. Blues, greens and golds covered the pavilion, everyone knew that Piper McLean hated pink. There were a few decorations shaped like creatures from Native American myths, some like Kaloptris and even some shaped like equipment from various sports that the birthday girl participated in.

"Now!" Jason called.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled, scrambling out of their hiding places. There were minor injuries, but no one seemed to care when Piper shrieked in terror, then burst out laughing.

"You guys are the best!" She finally choked out.

"And all the food is vegetarian, Pipes." Jason said with a smile, taking her hand.

"I just have one question!" Leo announced as the couple walked off to talk to some other demigods and nymphs began to wind among the demigods with platters that had all vegetarian options.

"And what is that?" Calypso asked, rolling her eyes.

He pointed at a nymph whose tray label was clearly visible from where they were.

"What the heck is a salad?!"

Percy cracked up.