Leallan- Frenemies of the Century

Leanne POV

I surveyed the area with a heavy sigh.

"You complete and utter moron."

It was predictable.

It always was.

Bright green suited men faced my army.

"Give the order to attack exactly like last time." I said to my second in command.

"Ma'am are you sure it will work again?"

"Just do it!" I snapped, strapping my vambraces on.

The man hurried out of the room and I turned my attention to the troops wearing that god-awful color.

"Ma'am, the enemy has sent a small parcel." A courier entered the room.

"Let me see it." I took the paper and opened it gingerly.

'Hello again, my Darling LeLe.

I have something of yours.

Want it back?'

Attached next to the familiar handwriting was an even more familiar collar.

I growled and shot into the air, propelling myself over the battlefield where the troops stood waiting for the order to begin. I could hear someone laughing.

"CALLAN!"

"Yes, my darling?" The laughing voice called back.

"Did you kidnap my dog?!"

A man of about 25 rose over the troops, that familiar, self-satisfied smirk twitching on his lips as his wild red hair whipped in the wind.

"Yes, I did. He's quite a sweetheart, you wouldn't mind if I kept him, would you?"

"Give me back my dog!" I exclaimed.

Callan dove out of sight, his chuckles still ringing in my ears.

He flew back up a few minutes later, holding my Labrador.

"You know, you really shouldn't have left your house key in the same place it was when we were roommates." He teased.

"I hate you." I snapped, grabbing Maximus and shooting off towards my troops.

"LOVE YOU TOO DARLING!" Callan shouted back.

That's it.

I landed in the base that my men had hastily constructed.

"Zeke." I snapped.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Take some men, go into every city within a three mile radius and pick up every copy of 'The Telltale Heart.'" I ordered.

"Ma'am?" Zeke asked in confusion.

"Just do it!"

"Yes, ma'am!" He rushed from the room.

I rubbed my forehead.

The armies clashed as I flew above them, watching the fight.

A ball of paper flew past my head.

Pulling the energy around me into a dark blue ball, I let loose with a blast at the figure I could see soaring to my left, another wad of paper in his hand.

"Oh, that was low!" He called, his accent thickening slightly from frustration.

"Always will be!" I shouted back, sending another shot flying.

"Really, LeLe!" He flew closer, trying to make me miss by intimidating me.

"Always did love that color!" I smirked at him, using an energy blast to change his shirt blue.

Callan made a face. "Red hair and blue clothes don't mix."

"Ah but it's such a lovely look on you!"

I swooped below him and grabbed hold of his ridiculous cape.

"Hey, don't rip that! It's expensive!"

"You're such a pretty boy, Davis!" I let go of the cape and took off at top speed towards my base.

"How are we doing?" I asked one of the commanders on the small tower.

"How did you know the same strategy would work?" He seemed in awe.

"Callan Davis is an extremely predictable man." And he's been using the same chess strategy since we were 12.

"My lady, Callan just unleashed three... ducks? On the battlefield. What do you want us to do?" The scout sounded slightly disbelieving as she read the report that had been sent in.

Despite my best efforts, my face flushed. "He promised never to mention that!"

"Um.... How do we respond?"

Before I could answer, an explosion above the battlefield caught my attention.

Fireworks.

"THAT IS IT!"

"My lady?"

"Send him a goat. Don't put it on the field, don't let it run wild, send it to him personally. He's terrified of them."

The woman nodded and left the room.

It only took a few minutes before a loud scream echoed over the fields.

"LELE!"

[A/N based this off something I saw on Tumblr where the villian and the hero knew each other for a while, but it's not the 'come to the other side' thing, it's mostly them playing practical jokes and figuring in things to the fighting that the other one hates]