Jercico (No Romance)-Know Peace or No Peace

[Someone asked for a sequel to the Vampire!Jason/Merman!Percy/Necromancer!Nico story, so here ya go!]

Third Person POV

Nico groaned as the sun reached it's peak and the daily argument started.

He had been sent two weeks ago to settle the dispute between a feuding vampire and merman. So far his attempts had been unsuccessful. Percy insisted he had to come here, it was the only place his family couldn't find him when he wanted to be alone, and Jason wouldn't move away from the sea. It supplied him with the blood substitute that he used to survive, since he could go out at night and collect coconuts. Nico had never asked him how he got the juice from the things.

"Listen here, Fish Brain, I'm going to start hurling harpoons out this window if you don't beat it!"

"Like you have aim good enough to reach me from there."

"Wanna bet!"

"Ow!"

The two squabbled like children. Every day, they were at each others throats (figuratively, of course. Neither could reach the other).

Then Percy started singing.

Jason screeched and rained down threats from his tower window. 

Nico groaned again. These two were insufferable. The problem was that he had to get them to stop fighting before he could go home. His father would not accept failure.

He didn't even know what had started this feud. Jason claimed it was Percy's incessant singing to annoy him, but Percy said that it was because Jason was always telling him to get off his property.

"It's not even his property though! The beach is open to all, no matter what age, gender, or species. He can't make me leave, but he tried to anyway." The merman had argued.

Nico didn't know what to do. Both parties were at fault, but neither would admit it. He just wanted to wallop the both of them over the head with a large tree branch.

Out on the rocks, Percy began to make a screeching noise, imitating seagulls. This was the sound he used when he wanted to piss Jason off more than usual.

The vampire retaliated by hurling another stone. It seemed that he had been going out at night and collecting rocks along with his coconuts. He hurled them from the tower that faced the sea.

They continued to taunt each other.

"That is it!" Nico snarled after the third hour, getting to his feet from the hammock he had suspended from two trees a few yards from the castle and the beach.

He stormed out onto the beach. "Alright, four year olds! I'm absolutely done with the way both of you are acting! Either find a way to fix this and make some sort of truce or I will make both of your lives a living hell!"

The two were silent for a few moments in surprise, then Percy began to laugh.

"What do you plan on doing?" He wheezed out. "You look like you weigh 120 pounds soaking wet."

Nico glared at him darkly. "I'm a necromancer. I have my ways."

He felt a pang of satisfaction when he saw Percy shiver slightly at the look he shot his way. Turning on his heel, he marched back into the forest and left the two stunned creatures in silence.

-------------------------------

In truth, his 'ways' had nothing to do with his status as a necromancer. He called in a few favors.

"Explain again why you want me to do this?" The forest mage asked.

"I'm trying to solve a feud. If I can get them to team up to stop me, maybe they'll stop being such nusiances." Nico explained. "Please, Demeter, it should only take a week or so, then you can let them grow again."

"You'll have to pay for it." Demeter inspected her nails. "I don't just stop trees from producing fruit for a week for nothing."

"May I remind you that I asked you to do this as a favor for saving your life... but I'll pay you some. Not the normal price." Nico turned to the water sorcerer. "Same to you, Poseidon."

The bearded man frowned. "And I am to create a storm whenever the merman is on the beach?"

"Not necessarily. Just wash him off the rocks every time he tries to sun himself."

He nodded. "I can do that."

Nico shook hands with both of them. "Pleasure doing business with you. I'll be paying you next time we see each other."

"You'd better." Demeter muttered. 

------------------------------

Nico was sitting on the rocks, reading a book, when the window to Jason's tower was thrown open. From where he was, he could see the vampire's pale face staring down at him.

"Nico, I haven't eaten in two nights! I'm starving. I don't know how you took the coconuts away, but can you please bring them back?" 

"Are you going to resolve this childishness?"

"It's not childishness! He started it!"

"Then I'm not giving you your food source back." Nico shrugged.

He heard a familiar snicker, and Percy's head popped up over the rock next to him. The merman pulled himself partway onto the rock, but the waves suddenly grabbed him and dragged him backwards ten feet, out into the deeper water.

"Oh come on!" The merman growled in frustration. "Make it stop!"

"Find a compromise, then come find me."

---------------------------

Two nights later, four nights since Nico's attack had started, he was awakened by cold hands grabbing his wrists.

He yelped in surprise and tried to pull away, but the person holding him was much stronger. A black cloth slipped over his eyes and he was led along to who knows where.

When the cloth was finally removed from his eyes, he was on the rocks outside the castle. A piece of parchment, a quill, and a bottle of ink sat on a portable lap desk on the rock, next to a familiar face.

Percy looked deadly serious, as did Jason, who Nico realized had been the one to bring him here.

"What's going on?" He asked slowly.

"We need a witness." Percy pointed at the paper. 

"And this is?" Nico picked up the paper apprehensively.

"A treaty between the two of us."

Nico almost cried from joy.

"Gods, finally."