Frazel + Nico- That's Got To Be Cheating

[A/N I was asked to do a part two of Nico babysitting Frazel's kids]

Nico knocked on Hazel and Frank's front door, adjusting the itchy material of the cape he was wearing. He heard feet pattering down the front hallway and pulled one side of the cape up, holding it under his eyes and concealing most of his face.

"Trick or treat." He growled menacingly as the front door opened.

The seven-year-old in front of him squealed, then darted back into the house giggling. "Mommy, Uncle Pan is here!"

Nico chuckled, stepping into the house and pulling the front door closed. "Glad to see that nickname stuck." He thought back to the weekend he'd watched Peter Pan for the first time with Emmi, then spent the next half an hour making their shadows do silly things on the walls and floor around them.

Hazel stuck her head out of the kitchen, glaring at him in mock anger. "Are you terrorizing my child?"

"I'm only retaliating," Nico said defensively, pointing to Emmi. "Look how scary she is!"

The little girl, dressed as a tiger, giggled and bared her teeth. Nico and Hazel both laughed.

"Make these yourself?" Nico joked, ruffling Emmi's hair and poking the two striped ears sticking out. She had her mother's hair, so no one was going to notice that the ears were attached to her head, not on a headband.

Emmi nodded excitedly. "And Mommy made the costume! She won't let me change my face though."

Nico laughed at the pout she gave him. "Well seeing a little girl with a tiger's head would probably be very scary. At least she painted your face, so you still look like a tiger."

Emmi huffed, crossing her arms, then bounced up and down suddenly. "Oh! You have to see Sammy!"

She darted out of the room and Nico looked up at Hazel. "Where's Frank?"

Hazel sighed. "Pulling a double shift at Camp Jupiter. They've been having some weird border activity, and he wants to make sure the monsters aren't going to try and take advantage of Halloween to come out in full force."

"Probably a good idea. Will he be home tonight?"

She shook her head. "Tomorrow morning. That's why I called you, he usually takes the kids trick-or-treating. I've got to finish making this cake for tomorrow, I didn't know he wouldn't be home until an hour ago."

Nico nodded. "I figured. I'll take them trick-or-treating, no worries."

"Thank you so much, you're amazing!" Hazel wiped her floury hands on her apron and came over, giving Nico a hug without letting her palms touch him.

"You know I never pass up a chance to see Emmi and Sammy, taking them trick or treating will just make it even more fun."

"If you make any of the neighbors' kids cry I'm going to hear about it." Hazel pointed at his face. "And then you are going to hear about it from me, a lot. Understand?"

Nico chuckled and bared his fake fangs at her. She grabbed a dish towel and flicked him with it.

"Uncle Pan look!"

Emmi ran into the kitchen, followed by a slow-moving Sammy.

He was in some sort of weird metal contraption that looked like a tiny transformer, all silver and gold.

"Haz...."

"Do you like it? I put it together yesterday." Hazel giggled.

Nico shook his head slowly. "It's amazing, but... that's cheating. That's so SO cheating."

"No it's not! It's a DIY!" Hazel laughed.

"It doesn't count as a DIY if you use powers from a mythological being!" He laughed. "Your child is sitting in a fully functional transformer that you built without the use of any tools."

"Well he's happy about it, isn't he? It's fine."

Sammy squealed, throwing his hands up in the air happily inside of the transformer. He was strapped in, which eased Nico's concerns. Hazel handed him a controller.

"If anyone asks." She smiled. Nico nodded and took it.

"Is Sammy controlling it?"

"Sort of. He can make it move, but that's about it."

"You don't think having a four year old controlling a miniature tank is a bad thing?" Nico raised his eyebrows.

"He's a good kid and I told him if he's not on his best behavior he doesn't get the candy that comes home with him."

Nico looked over at his nephew dubiously. Sammy giggled and the little automaton contraption took two steps forward. He looked down at the remote control again.

"Cheating." He pointed at Hazel with it, then took Emmi's hand. "Let's get going, shall we?"