MyUniverse-She's Human, Actually

Third Person POV

Melanie and Jessica met up at their lockers, like they did every day.

"I'm going to die." Melanie complained, slinging her backpack over her shoulder.

"And why is that?" Jessica closed her locker and followed Melanie down the hall, an impressive feat in her 5 inch heels.

"I have three tests today and I haven't had a chance to study for any of them because Nolan was up all night practicing."

"Your brother has no respect for you or your study habits." Jessica giggled.

"Really though, why would anyone need to practice drum solos at 11 at night?" Melanie complained. "I need to remember the dates of the first 32 presidents and my brain is a pile of mush! And then I have a Calculus test and an AP Biology test."

"That's what you get for being in senior and advanced classes, Mel."

"Cállate!" Melanie snapped, thoroughly done with the day already. Jessica giggled. 

"No voy a callar, muchas gracias." She retorted. 

Melanie rolled her eyes and pushed her hand through her short black hair. As they walked past the bathroom, Jessica pulled her in and quickly checked her makeup, smiling widely to see if there was any lipstick on her fangs.

Melanie wasn't paying attention to her appearance until she noticed that she had black lipstick on one of her snake bites.

She scowled and carefully wiped it off.

"Your cartilage piercing looks a little infected. You might want to be careful for the next few days." Jessica pointed out without looking up.

"Thanks." Melanie turned her head to examine said piercing. It was red and slightly swollen.

"I'm thinking about dying my tips pink, you want to come with me when I do it?" Jessica asked.

"Sure thing, Jess."

"You could get your hair done too!" The blonde exclaimed excitedly.

"I don't have money, Jess." Melanie pointed out, grabbing her binder from her backpack and trying to cram some information into her brain.

"I could totally pay for it."

"No, that's fine."

"Mel, don't make me force you." Jessica turned to her friend and glared. "You'd look totally cute with blue streaks!"

"Cute is not the look I'm really going for here." Melanie said, gesturing to herself. Black everything with lots of leather and piercings didn't scream adorable and she didn't want it to.

"Aw come on, please?" Jessica pouted. "Just humor me?"

Melanie scowled. "Fine. But if I don't like it you're paying for the stylists to change it back."

"Deal." Jessica held out her hand and Melanie shook it, rolling her eyes a little at her friend's antics.

"So how long was Warren G. Harding in office, Mel?" Jessica asked as they exited the bathroom and started towards their first classes so they could study before it started. 

"Uh, three years?"

"Nope! Two. Who came after him?"

Melanie throught for a moment. "Oh, Coolidge! That I know!"

"Right! Interesting man, Coolidge was. Thought to be one of the best, but I disagree."

"Alright, Jess, whatever you say." Melanie chuckled. 

"I'm serious. Kind of a jerk, especially to some of his closest friends." Jessica pouted again.

Melanie was laughing loudly now. The loud noise attracted the attention of a few boys who were leaning on the wall over a few feet from them.

They began to whisper back and forth, grinning and glancing over at the two.

After the third glance, Jessica took notice.

"You boys got a problem?" She asked sweetly. 

"Well, Jessie, we just noticed you and your friend and I thought of something pretty funny, so I shared it." The oldest of the group spoke, a burly boy by the name of Daniel.

"And what would that thing be?" Jessica raised an eyebrow, waiting.

"Well, I said look there, guys, it's a fairy and a vampire!" He chuckled, as did the others there, but they stuttered to a halt when Jessica began to laugh as well.

"What's so funny, princess?" Daniel asked, furrowing his huge overcast brow.

"Well you're half right." Jessica shrugged.

"What's that mean?" Now the others looked confused as well. Melanie raised an eyebrow, knowing what her friend was doing and wondering why.

Jessica flashed a wide, fanged grin and the boys eyes widened in horror. "She's human, actually."

The boys took off down the hall, yelling and screaming. Jessica let out another giggle.

"Didn't think you liked to pull that card." Melanie commented.

"Oh I don't." Jessica shrugged as they started off again. "But they totally deserve it."