PJO/HoO-It's Your Fault

Percy POV

I lay in bed, letting my hands hang limply over the sides.

I was cold.

Everyone was sympathetic. They said their condolences, tried to get me to eat, to do something.

I just wanted to lay there.

Think about her.

I was cold.

If she was here, I wouldn't be.

I would be warm.

Warm from her snuggling next to me.

Warm from Annabeth.

I stared at the ceiling.

I was cold.

Cold and empty.

Suddenly there was noise.

Screaming and yelling. Things banging together, people running around.

"Percy, come look!" Hazel's head was peeking through his open window.

"No thanks." I said.

"Percy, seriously! It's Leo!"

I blinked.

Leo? 

Leo had died.

Was he back from the dead.

Could she be too?

I could only hope.

Hope my Wise Girl was back too.

"I'm coming."

It was hard to get up.

I didn't want to.

What if it was only Leo?

No.

Leo was still my friend.

Leo was important too.

I threw on a shirt over my bare chest.

I tried to ignore the scars.

The ones from...there.

With her.

When I came out the door, the light was blinding.

Apollo, tone it down a little, for the love of the gods.

He didn't answer. If anything, the sun got brighter.

Turning, I could see the crowd around Festus.

Piper was screaming, probably at Leo.

She was pissed at him.

"-DON'T SHOW UP FOR MONTHS JUST FOR THAT STUPID JOKE?!"

I was close enough to hear Leo's response.

"April Fools?"

Piper launched herself and I ran forward to help Jason pull her off the screaming Latino.

"Okay, okay, okay, gods, I'm sorry!" Leo whimpered as we finally restrained the daughter of Aphrodite.

"Are you okay, Leo?" A familiar girl's voice asked. For a moment, I almost thought it was her.

Then I saw the pale skin.

The brown hair.

"You."

She looked up in surprise.

"Percy?"

I stared back at her.

"Calypso."

"You two know each other?" Leo asked.

"Oh yeah, I know her." I tried to keep the anger out of my voice, I really did. It didn't work.

"Did I do something?" Calypso sounded confused.

"You did everything."

"Percy-"

"No! You did it, it was your fault! You and your stupid jealousy, your selfishness!" I yelled.

"What did I do?!" Calypso asked.

"It's all your fault! YOU AND YOUR STUPID CURSE!" I bellowed. 

The entire crowd froze.

I couldn't take it any more. I couldn't be around her without hearing Annabeth's agonized scream.

Turning, I ran for the beach.

----------------------------

Frank POV

I crossed my fingers, hoping Percy hadn't jumped in the water. I didn't want to have to talk one on one with a devastated son of Poseidon while in fish form or something.

As I neared the beach, I heard muffled crying.

"Percy?"

"Go away, Frank."

"Come on, man." I could see him now. He was curled up in a tiny ball, his knees tucked to his chest with his back to me.

"I don't want to talk about it." Despite the fact that he was crying, his voice still sounded dangerously angry.

"Then I won't talk. Just gonna sit with you for a little bit." I hesitantly sat down in the sand.

Percy ignored me for a good twenty minutes before starting to talk. "It's all her fault."

"Calypso?" I asked softly.

"Yes." He was running sand through his fingers slowly, like he was imagining it as something else.

Probably blonde curls.

"What happened, Percy?" 

"Ever heard of arai?" Percy asked softly.

I frowned. "I don't think so...."

"Curse spirits. Each one you kill gives you the pain of a curse that was said against you. I killed quite a few of them. Poison, getting shot through the chest, I had to deal with all of that, but Annabeth's was worse."

His voice broke and he stopped to compose himself for a few minutes.

"H-her third curse.... she couldn't find me. She was cursed to be without me for an extended time period." Percy wiped at his tears.

"S-she fell off a cliff." He must have been imagining the scream he had told us that Annabeth had let out when she fell.

"And Calypso's the one who cursed her." He finally said.

Of course.

-------------------------

Percy POV

Frank left me alone after our little talk. I had no doubts that he had gone to tell the others.

When the conch horn sounded for dinner, I stood up and walked to the pavilion, feeling numb.

Feeling cold.

Always cold.

Piper came up to me and gave me a huge hug. "Frank told us what happened." She whispered.

"I figured." I responded quietly.

What was left of the seven came up and gave me hugs, whispering that they were sorry.

Leo came up last, Calypso trailing behind him.

"I had no clue, man, I'm really sorry." He said quietly.

"It's fine, you didn't know."

Leo pulled away and Calypso approached me.

"Percy, I'm so sorry, I was being-"

"No." I cut her off, feeling colder than ever. "I don't want your apologies. I don't want to talk to you, I don't want help from you for anything."

"But Percy-"

"Just stay away from me!"