⌛️Chapter 52⌛️

"Do not fret, Y/n! I would never deliberately hurt you! Everything I've done was to save you from your sickness!" Mukon panted as he haphazardly struck the blade at Y/n.

"You're crazy! The one true thing that was hurting me was you! I'm not gonna believe your words!" Y/n grit her teeth as she kept moving back and side-to-side, avoiding the thrusted blade.

"Why don't you understand?! You're hurting because you won't listen! You're becoming like Akane, and I hate it! Just depend on me!" Mukon shouted, his eyes growing even more crazed.

'This guy isn't going to listen...I was honestly hoping to just knock him unconscious and turn him into the authorities, but he's clearly not going down. I...' Y/n thought while pursing her lips.

'...I have to kill him. I know I've said that many times, but I never meant it. I never meant it because Takemitchy and Mikey made me promise them I wasn't going to revert to my old ways. If I really do kill Mukon, I break my promise with those two and myself. I told myself I'd try to be a better person, yet I managed to get even worse. I've been a bad friend, a bad daughter, a bad aunt, a bad cousin, and a bad sister...'

"I don't deserve the chance I've been given..." She muttered, stepping back as the blade barely missed her, slicing the air in front of her.

"Ah...Is it working? That's the expression...That's the expression I want!" Mukon laughed, pausing his movements as he gazed at Y/n's face.

"Have you accepted your destiny? Are you ready to greet this world with the true Y/n?"

Mukon now held his hand out, a wide grin stretched on his lips as he unblinkingly stared at the girl.

–––––

"Hah...She's not here either..." Takemichi panted, his back slouched as he struggled to regain his breath.

"What made you think she'd come to this place? It's just an old abandoned junk yard." Izana questioned, eyes squinted as he looked around.

"It was a hunch." Mikey exhaled.

"A horrible one, really." Izana scoffed. "C'mon, you two really don't have an idea as to where she could be? Just think."

"We're trying! It'd have to be a space big enough for both gangs...It wasn't at the Musashi shrine, neither where the festival took place, the junkyard neither...The church is too small..." Takemichi said, rubbing his chin.

"Do you think she went to Yokohama? Y'know, at the Yokohama Bay?" Mikey whispered at him.

"Hmmm...Maybe...?" Takemichi squinted his eyes.

"No way." Izana shook his head, having heard the whisper.

"If that were the case, I would have seen her on the way here. Or I'd get a call about it from someone I know. Y/n is not in Yokohama." He said.

"That one's off the list then...How about on that street where we had the battle between all of the deities?" Takemichi whispered to Mikey.

"No, Y/n wouldn't go there. She wants to guarantee Mukon's fall and she can't do that in a place where police are bound to go. The gangs would disrupt traffic and cause unnecessary attention." Mikey shook his head.

"Then...where...?" Takemichi sighed.

"Why do you guys insist she's somewhere abandoned? For all we know, she could be somewhere underground or something. Like private property. Also, if she were somewhere abandoned, why are guys skipping a bunch of places and going to specific ones? What do you guys know?" Izana raised a brow.