⚙️Chapter 48⚙️

Y/n, now 12 years old, huffed as she stood outside with Emma beside her. They wore matching school uniforms, that being a white collared shirt, a long black tie, a beige cardigan, long-lengthened socks, black loafers, and a navy-blue pleated skirt.

"What's taking Mikey so long? He's the one that wanted to walk with us, but he's taking forever and we're gonna end up being late." Emma grumbled as she impatiently tapped her foot on the concrete.

"We're not even going to the same school either. Mikey's school is closer, so if we wait too long, we'll be the ones late to class. Not him." Y/n added with a click of her tongue.

"I'm here!" Mikey sang as he ran out of the house, his backpack bouncing off his back with every step.

"Took you long enough. Let's go." Emma huffed as they began walking.

"How young you kids are. There's no need to be worried about being late to elementary school." Mikey grinned teasingly, his fingers interlocked as he held them behind his head.

"You're only one year older than us." Y/n said, unamused.

"Still older! Plus, you wouldn't understand the responsibility of being a middle schooler." Mikey huffed.

"You're not even awake for your classes. You're only awake during lunch time." Emma scrunched up her nose.

" 'S fine. I don't care about school and I wouldn't want to lie about enjoying having to be there. Plus, it's not like I'm necessarily failing. I'm getting by with average grades. Average is better than failing." Mikey chuckled.

"You're barely getting by as average." Emma commented with a frown.

"Hey." Y/n spoke, causing the two blondes to look at her.

"Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something? It's at the tip of my tongue, but I don't know..." She rubbed her chin with a conflicted expression.

"Hmmm..." Mikey too rubbed his chin.

"Ah!" Emma's eyes slightly widened as a thought appeared in her mind.

"Haruchiyo and Senju! They were supposed to walk with us!" She slightly gasped.

"Ah!" Y/n and Mikey also gasped.

Just then, quick footsteps were heard behind them and they turned to see the fuming Akashi siblings who gasped for breath. Senju wore the same uniform as Y/n and Emma while Haruchiyo wore the same as Mikey.

"You guys left us...!" Senju glared as she wheezed.

"We even called out for you guys, but you didn't look back..." Haruchiyo panted with an annoyed expression.

"Sorry..." The guilty trio apologized.

"Hmph! You guys totally owe us!" Senju and Haruchiyo chorused, stomping ahead.

"Y/n and Emma were the ones who dragged me with them!" Mikey accused, pointing at the duo.

"Liar!" The girls shook their heads.

Yes, they were impatient and wanted to make their way to school, but! They in fact did NOT drag Mikey along! He actually ran over to them and willingly joined their walk, so he too was to blame for forgetting the Akashi siblings.

"It doesn't matter anymore. Let's just hurry. We'll be late otherwise." Haruchiyo exhaled, casting them a glance.

–––––

"Hmm...I'm already tired. I wanna go home." Y/n pouted, sipping her beverage.

"C'mon, Y/n. It's only lunch time and Monday. At least try to look at this more positively. It's worse if you're just gonna sulk and accept the boredom you feel." Emma said, her bento on her lap as she ate some rice.