⚙️Chapter 47⚙️

"..."

Upon stepping out of the hospital, Y/n came face-to-face with a familiar duo, making her sweat drop.

"Hello..." She finally mumbled, weakly waving at them with a strained smile.

"Y/n." Mikey glared at her.

"You really fucked it up now." Takemichi frowned.

"Ehe..." Y/n merely shrugged.

"Don't "ehe" us! You almost died for goodness sake! I thought you weren't going to recklessly sacrifice yourself anymore!" Mikey exclaimed.

"I'm sorry...! I could've sworn the fire was supposed to be several weeks away according to Seishu. I panicked when the fire suddenly appeared and I didn't want Akane and Seishu to die, so I focused on saving them because I knew I'd have a higher chance of surviving than them!" Y/n explained, ignoring the pain that struck her throat.

"Still! You can't act so stupid! Can you even imagine the scare you gave the others, especially Mikey-kun and I! We can't screw up now because there's no guarantee that we'll have another chance!" Takemichi shouted with an upset expression.

"I get it! I'm sorry again! But I can't just focus on helping myself when there are others that need saving! I just can't-!"

Y/n became silent when Mikey and Takemichi threw their arms around her, trapping her in their warm embrace.

"We know. You want to save everyone. You don't want more people to die." Mikey spoke, staring at the ground while pursing his lips.

"But to save everyone, you have to save yourself too. We don't want you to get hurt or end up dead. We want to live happily with everyone and you." Takemichi patted her back.

"Sorry..." Y/n muttered, her arms hanging from her sides as she stared at the ground with an unreadable expression.

–––––

"Y/n!" Emma cried as she wrapped her arms around the girl.

Senju ran over and did the same, shouting, "We were so worried! Do that again and I'll kill you myself!"

"Don't worry. Everything's fine." Y/n patted their backs as she sent them a small smile.

Pat pat

Blinking, Y/n looked to her side to see Haruchiyo who was looking away while patting her head.

"I'm glad you're okay...Don't do something stupid like that again." Haruchiyo said.

"Thanks, Haru. And don't worry, nothing will happen to me." Y/n sent him a close-eyed grin.

"How can you act like nothing happened? You're really weird. Also, should you even be talking? Doesn't your throat hurt?" Emma huffed with crossed arms.

"Haha! Izana said the same thing earlier when we had a phone call! I can handle it though. Plus, I don't want to carry a notebook around." Y/n grinned.

"Anyways, what did your family say about the incident when they went to visit you?" Senju asked as they all sat in the Sano dojo.

"Uhhhh..." Y/n blinked. "I haven't seen them."

"Huh?!" Emma gaped.

"Did they not visit you or something? Not Hiromi or the twins?" Haruchiyo furrowed his brows.

"I honestly don't know...The first person I saw when I woke up was Koko and that was yesterday. I'm sure they must've visited when I was not conscious. They might just be busy right now." Y/n rubbed her neck with an awkward grin.