🕳Chapter 26🕳

Y/n sat in the hospital, beside Kurai who lay unresponsive on the bed. Homura also sat in the room, quiet with his eyes closed and headphones on. The doctors surprisingly were able to get Kurai's heart to start. <3

Y/n looked up when she felt something grab her hand. Well, more like someone grabbed her hand.

Kurai slightly opened his eyes and weakly smiled at Y/n.

"Kurai?" Y/n muttered, staring at the male with slightly wide eyes.

"Kurai? You're awake!" Homura said as he moved to the man's other side after noticing his awakening.

"Y/n. Homura. I want to thank you for everything." Kurai said.

"You can thank us by taking us out to eat when you get outta here. Now, focus on getting better. Do you want me to call a doctor?" Homura said.

"You two are the best siblings I could've had. I'm also sorry to Hiromi for never stepping up to our parents. I'm one of the reasons she's gone." Kurai bitterly chuckled.

"Don't blame yourself. It's also our fault. But taking everything into consideration, the fault lies more with me. The both of you are better when it comes to being a good person." Homura weakly grinned.

"Y/n. Homura. I want to ask something. I want to ask whether you loved me, loved Hiromi, love the other. Did you ever care about us as siblings?" Kurai asked, his eyes staring at the ceiling.

"I do! I really do care for you all!" Homura said, tears forming in his eyes as he slightly trembled.

Y/n was silent as she thought about Kurai's question that, for some reason, gave her no quick answer in mind, almost as if she never thought about it.

"I...I do care...I care for you all." Y/n finally replied, staring at the ground.

"I see...That's great! I can die happy now..." Kurai smiled, closing his eyes happily.

Then, a few seconds later, a beeping sound rang in their ears. Kurai was officially gone now. He's never returning. He won't be there to watch Homura's reckless behavior. He won't be there to check up on Y/n. He won't be there at all. He's with Hiromi and a Yuki now. He's gone with them.

"Kurai...? Kurai, wake up...This isn't funny...! Wake up!" Homura shook his twin.

Doctors then entered and quickly checked Kurai, but he was gone. There's no saving someone who can't be saved.

"I'm sorry for your loss." The doctors bowed as they stood outside the room, in front of Y/n and Homura who stood in front of the door.

"Just leave us alone..." Homura said before turning and walking back into the room.

The doctors obeyed and Y/n was left standing alone. Y/n blankly looked at the floor, holding her right hand in her left. She could still feel Kurai's warm touch before turning cold.

Y/n formed her hand into a fist before turning to Homura.

"I'm leaving."

And with that, Y/n closed the door and walked down the hall.

Homura was quiet as he sat in the room beside Kurai's bed. His head was lowered as his shoulders slowly rose and fell with every breath he inhaled and exhaled. Then...

...his body started trembling as he started sniffling and choking back his tears. But it was futile as the tears streamed down his face rapidly and whenever he wiped his eyes, more tears came.

"Kurai...I'm sorry...! I couldn't...I couldn't help you...or do anything for you...! Please...don't leave me...! I don't want you to be gone...I don't want that!" Homura cried as his tight fists rested on his sides and he stared at Kurai who looked blurry due to the globs of tears disrupting his vision.